Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbler ace to amos bnk

does anyone know how to convert a newbler derived ace file to amos bnk so i can use amosvalidate. I know the standard command to do this using toAmos, however, we i do this lose mate pair information.
    I tried using toAmos with a traceinfo file derived from sff_extract which seemed to work but when i ran amosvalidate i encountered the following error

Command: /usr/local/bioinf/Amos/bin/asmQC -b 454Contigs.bnk -scaff -recompute -update -numsd 2 exited with status:1

can anyone help?

regards

Brian

in case anyone is interested

Unfortunately, we don't support 454 mates at this time, so I recommend you skip
    the mate analysis of amosvalidate. Copy the amosvalidate script to a new
    $ cp /path/to/amos/bin/amosvalidate amosvalidate-nomates

Edit the script to remove the mate analysis by commenting out steps 300-340

## Analyzing mate-pairs
    ## 300: $(BINDIR)/asmQC -b $(PREF).bnk -scaff -recompute -update -numsd 2
    ## 310: $(BINDIR)/asmQC -b $(PREF).bnk -scaff -recompute -update -numsd 2
    ## 320: $(BINDIR)/asmQC -b $(PREF).bnk -scaff -feat -numsd 3 -shortcvg -1 -longcvg
    ## 330: $(BINDIR)/cestat-cov -i -f 4 $(PREF).bnk > $(PREF).ce.feat
    ## 340: $(BINDIR)/loadFeatures -i $(PREF).bnk $(PREF).ce.feat

Then try the new script
    $ amosvalidate-nomates 454Contigs

Good luck!

Michael Schatz

Which leads me to ask if there is any program which can be used to validate 454 mate pair assemblies

Comment

Hi All,
      I am attempting to use amosalidate to perform assembly forensics. I am stuck, however, as everytime I follow the instructions on the amos wiki to convert my newbler .ace file to a .bnk, I get the following error:

$ toAmos -ace 454Contigs.ace.1 -o - | bank-transact -m - -o 454Contigs.bnk -c
      bank-transact: invalid option -- o
      ERROR: The -b option is mandatory
      ERROR: Bank directory is not accessible, No such file or directory

.USAGE.
      bank-transact [options] -b <bank path> -m <message path>
      Try 'bank-transact -h' for more information.

Any suggestions? Thanks a bunch!

Comment

hi me shahid plz can any body help me i m using velvet for denovo and producing afg file and from that afg file creating amos bank file but when i run amos validate command on that bnk folder it give error like this:
        Doing step 100: Creating FastA
        Command: /usr/local/amos/bin/bank2fasta -b /home/shahid/denovo_run2/bank/assembly.bnk/.bnk > /home/shahid/denovo_run2/bank/assembly.bnk/.fasta exited with status: 1

so any body can help me what this error come and any suggestion for solution.thanks

Comment

Originally posted by shahid.manzoor View Post
          hi me shahid plz can any body help me i m using velvet for denovo and producing afg file and from that afg file creating amos bank file but when i run amos validate command on that bnk folder it give error like this:
          Doing step 100: Creating FastA
          Command: /usr/local/amos/bin/bank2fasta -b /home/shahid/denovo_run2/bank/assembly.bnk/.bnk > /home/shahid/denovo_run2/bank/assembly.bnk/.fasta exited with status: 1

so any body can help me what this error come and any suggestion for solution.thanks
          A similar error is returned when i use amosvalidate!
          github:
          https://github.com/Bioinformatics-and-Genomics

Comment

I have the same problem exactly the same problem as shahid.manzoor. I do velvet assembly with create .afg file option, put it in the AMOS bank, no problem. When I do amosvalidate I get the same response unfortunately...

Does anyone know how to do it the right way?

Comment

Originally posted by AppleInformatics View Post
              I am attempting to use amosalidate to perform assembly forensics. I am stuck, however, as everytime I follow the instructions on the amos wiki to convert my newbler .ace file to a .bnk, I get the following error:

[I]$ toAmos -ace 454Contigs.ace.1 -o - | bank-transact -m - -o 454Contigs.bnk -c
              bank-transact: invalid option -- o
              ERROR: The -b option is mandatory
              ERROR: Bank directory is not accessible, No such file or directory
              I know this is an old thread, but thought I would add what I've done recently to convert Newbler ACE files to AMOS bank:

Code:
              toAmos -ace newbler_assembly.ace -o - | bank-transact -m - -b newbler_assembly.bnk -c

Comment

Originally posted by Irsan_Kooi View Post
                I have the same problem exactly the same problem as shahid.manzoor. I do velvet assembly with create .afg file option, put it in the AMOS bank, no problem. When I do amosvalidate I get the same response unfortunately...

Does anyone know how to do it the right way?
                Hi,
                I know it's an old thread but I ran into the same problem. It seems as if the solution is the following:
                I guess you used tab-complete to write the bank name?
                So you would have something like this as an input:
                Code:
                amosvalidate assembly.bnk/
                just cut off the "/". So:
                Code:
                amosvalidate assembly.bnk
                seems to work for me.

Maybe this helps someone running into similar problems.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  Yesterday, 07:01 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses