Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA-seq analysis

I am doing RNA seq analysis for different gene expression analysis. I find that people use two approaches:

1. Tophat - HtSeq - edgeR or DESeq R package
    2. Tophat - Cufflinks -Cuff Diff

which approach that your guys use most? any advice?

I am in an early phase of my RNA-seq project and by now I'm using DESeq and edgeR for estimating modulated genes (DEG) and cufflinks /cuffcompare/cuffdiff for exploring differentially expressed transcripts, differential splicing and differential promoter use.

if I also use cufflinks for estimating DEGs, I usually get some 50% DEGs in common with DESeq. DESeq and edgeR, on the other hand, share 80% of estimated DEGs.
    I am still experiencing things but I guess that the % of common DEG between DESEq and cufflinks is very much influenced by how you run cufflinks (reference GTF or not and other parameters as -R when running cuffcompare).
    I didn't try the latest cufflinks version yet, however. I used version 0.9.3

It would be nice getting inputs on what others are doing !
    hope it helps,

pbseq

Comment

Just wanted to let you know that Cufflinks 1.0 has a completely revamped approach to DE that models over-dispersion of counts at the transcript level and we'll be curious to know how it performs on your tests.

Comment

lpatcher,
        for sure I'll try soon latest version of cufflinks !

Comment

Hello,

I want to analyze my RNASeq data using DESeq. Would anyone tell me how and where to find codes for DESeq? Thx

Comment

What do you mean by "codes"?

We have written a nice manual (a "vignette") for DESeq, which you find here. We are currently overhauling it, and you'll find the improved vignette soon here.

Comment

Thank you Simon.

Comment

Hi Simon, how can I get TagSeqExample.tab file for practice?

Comment

I got it

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
                  0 responses