No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good anti-GFP/YFP for ChIP-Seq?

Hi all,
    Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good anti-GFP/YFP for ChIP-Seq.
    I've tried quite a few (including ab290, JL-8) for ChIP-qPCR. I just found the polyclonal gives rather high background, and the monoclonal seems to have low efficiency (I'm working on Arabidopsis).
    Also, for ChIP-Seq, is monoclonal Ab a better choice over polyclonal?
    Thanks ahead.
    os

this systems works really well:
    ChromoTek offers premium Nanobody-based research tools that provide a higher level of performance than conventional IgG antibodies and these reagents are now available on ptglab.com.

as for 'normal' ABs, unpurified polyclonal sera usually work best in my hands, monoclonals are usually less preferred.

Comment

Thank you mudshark. I'll try this system.
      Have you been working with the GFP-Trap agarose or the magnetic ones? Looks like the agarose beads have a higher binding capacity.
      Thanks again.

Comment

agarose only, no idea about the magnetic ones.

Comment

ChIP-Seq with GFP-Trap agarose beads

Originally posted by mudshark View Post
          this systems works really well:
          ChromoTek offers premium Nanobody-based research tools that provide a higher level of performance than conventional IgG antibodies and these reagents are now available on ptglab.com.

as for 'normal' ABs, unpurified polyclonal sera usually work best in my hands, monoclonals are usually less preferred.

Hi,

I would also try the GFP-Trap for my experiments. Do you have a good working protocol?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by osl View Post
            Hi all,
            Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good anti-GFP/YFP for ChIP-Seq.
            I've tried quite a few (including ab290, JL-8) for ChIP-qPCR. I just found the polyclonal gives rather high background, and the monoclonal seems to have low efficiency (I'm working on Arabidopsis).
            Also, for ChIP-Seq, is monoclonal Ab a better choice over polyclonal?
            Thanks ahead.
            os

There is no general rule for using monoclonal or polyclonal antibodies, but the main differences are the following:

The big advantage of the polyclonal is that it will recognize several epitopes on the same antigen. Which increase the change to recover enough material, especially for sequencing. But you have batch-to-batch variation. It might be that a monoclonal is “too specific”, it recognized only one epitope. And in some cases this epitope might be hidden (because of the fixation with formaldehyde leading to a different chromatin structure. All polyclonal antibodies are different so you will have to try by yourself.

The advantage of the monoclonal is that once you have a good one and it works you don’t have to worry about batch-to-batch variations.

Coming to the antibody: what we have in our catalogue is the following antibody:

Validated in IF, but not yet in ChIP.
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses