• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChIP-Seq Library Prep: PCR bubble? No enrichment over input

Hello everyone,

I have used NEBnext® Ultra™ II DNA library prep kit for Illumina to make
    ChIP-Seq libraries with 1.2 ng DNA (quantified by Qubit). I did the PCR for
    12 cycles, as the recommended number of cycles for 1 ng was 12-13 cycles. When I ran my libraries on a bioanalyzer, I noticed that although the input samples showed one peak at the expected size, the pull-down libraries showed a larger second peak, whether it was for the IgG or the protein-of-interest. This is as shown on the left hand side of this photo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JYE...ew?usp=sharing

The sequencing facility said that it would be ok to proceed with sequencing, so I diluted all my libraries to the required concentration (0.6 ng/ul) and pooled them in equal volumes. Prior to pooling, I took an aliquot and did a qPCR to further confirm that my pull-down worked, using primers against my region of interest and I did get an enrichment of the pull down over the input.
    However, when I got the sequencing results back and the bioinformatics analysis was done, I lost this enrichment at the promoter that I validated by qPCR. The link here might help clarify what I mean more: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tYe...ew?usp=sharing
    Basically, I can see that my input and pull down sample are both enriched at the promoter, however, the input seems to have much more reads, to the extent that when the pull down is normalized over the input, I don't see an enrichment anymore.

I thought the problem could be a PCR bubble and hence did one cycle of reconditioning PCR, whereby I diluted the libraries 1:5 and added the Q5 Master Mix and primers in excess and ran this through 1 PCR cycle. However, I got the same profile as described in the first link I shared / this link on the right hand side: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JYE...ew?usp=sharing

I am not quite sure where things could have gone wrong..
    It is not a fragmentation issue because the input sample (1st lane) is properly fragmented and it is from the same lysate from which the pull-downs were done.
    The Qubit concentrations of the input library is quite low compared to the pull-downs, even though I start the library prep with the same quantities. As a result, I end up taking a larger volume of the input samples - unless this means that something is wrong with the Qubit measurements?

Any suggestions on what I can do would be greatly appreciated.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses