No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Nextera kit/tagmentation

Hi folks,
    Just wonder if anyone has an experience of using the Nextera kit or home-made tagmentation assay based on the Genome Research paper. http://genome.cshlp.org/content/earl....full.pdf+html
    We are not able to get libraries as expected with home made version, in particular the fragment size is hard to manipulate according to the protocol attached in the paper. (adjust input amount, modify reaction buffer composition, etc. none of them works)
    But anyway, we can get amplicon after PCR with KAPA HiFi kit.
    However, when we start trying to do some ATAC-seq with home-made Tn5, any purification step between tagmentation and PCR turned out to have undetectable amplicon after PCR. Whereas simply adding 0.1%-0.2% SDS to the tagmented product prior to PCR can give us a whole bunch of DNA after all.
    If anyone can give me some idea, that would be much appreciated!!!

Gary
    Attached Files

I've read that the Tn5 transposase stays bound to both ends of the DNA that it has cleaved. Perhaps the purification step removes both the protein (transposase) and the DNA it is attached to. Whereas treatment with SDS could denature the transposase, allowing the DNA to be recovered?

--
    Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
      I've read that the Tn5 transposase stays bound to both ends of the DNA that it has cleaved. Perhaps the purification step removes both the protein (transposase) and the DNA it is attached to. Whereas treatment with SDS could denature the transposase, allowing the DNA to be recovered?

--
      Phillip
      Hi Phillip,
      Thanks for your reply. It may explain part of my confusion. But how come I cannot get a detectable mount of DNA with the condition of using SDS prior to beads purification? That doesn't make sense.
      And the most important thing is that there isn't any SDS treatment but purification step in Nextera DNA prep kit, and it must work, otherwise illumina can't make it on the market.

Gary

Comment

I don't know. Does SDS prevent DNA from binding to Ampure beads, perhaps?

Nextera may have additives in its buffers, or even a mutated Tn5 transposase that performs differently.

--
        Phillip

Comment

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
          I don't know. Does SDS prevent DNA from binding to Ampure beads, perhaps?

Nextera may have additives in its buffers, or even a mutated Tn5 transposase that performs differently.

--
          Phillip
          I have no idea about that either. But I already super diluted the reaction containing limited amount of SDS prior to beads purification~ I suppose it should be the buffer issue, somehow illumina just has tricks~

Gary

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses