SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sam to Illumina export file maria_mari Bioinformatics 1 04-24-2012 04:05 AM
Looking for Known Gene Mutation in ELAND export file Abhishek Bioinformatics 5 03-26-2012 04:51 AM
Generating a BAM file from Illumina export files in CASAVa 1.7 nirav99 Bioinformatics 1 09-10-2010 01:20 AM
How to interpret the field, Match Chromosome, of the export file produced by GAP? yhchen Bioinformatics 0 03-29-2010 01:26 AM
Export HCDiff file from ReferenceMapper as an Excel file Nigel Bioinformatics 1 09-30-2009 06:51 AM

Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #1
mkbehnke

Question Getting Illumina export file into R as a GenomicRanges object?

Hello all, I am fairly new to analysis of RNAseq data and have what may be a dumb question, but several hours of searching documentation, google, and this forum haven't helped...

We contracted with a private company to process our samples with Illumina HiSeq, and yesterday I received the output files. However, they sent default output from CASAVA instead of BAM files. I was able to read the export.txt files into R using ShortRead, which creates an AlignedRead object. Now I can't figure out how to turn this into a GenomicRanges object in order to generate counts. it appears that GenomicRanges only works with BAM files, but I've been unable to find a method for either converting the export.txt into .BAM, or converting the AlignedRead object into something GenomicRanges can use.

Help!!

Thanks
Mikki
mkbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Dario1984

Code:
 readsRanges <- as(alnR, "GRanges")
It takes a long time to get familiar with, but there are lots of useful functions in GenomicRanges.
Dario1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
mkbehnke

Thank you so much!
mkbehnke is offline   Reply With Quote