No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HGAP command line protocol ?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to PacBio so I need your help to guide me or give me some suggestions on my de novo assembly project. I'm currently working on a ~23mb genome and I got ~40x coverage from 3 cells. Thus we decided to use HGAP to do assembly.

When I check the official pacbio user guide https://github.com/PacificBioscience...-SMRT-Analysis

It seems strongly encourage to use their portal. However, I wanted to apply those key steps on our cluster machine, 1BLASR, 2PB/dagcon, 3CA/overlap, 4CA/unitigger, 5PB/utgcns, 6Quiver but I cant find any instruction of using command line tools in any sites. So I would like to ask that if anyone knows how to use command line tools to achieve this goal? We have newest smrtanalysis 2.3.0 in our cluster but I cant find CA/overlap and CA/unitigger under our bin, so is there any package that we need to download?

Thank you for answering my question.

JTC

You could also use PBcR wgs-assembler.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php?title=PBcR for steps 1-5, and then smrtanalysis from the command line for quiver. I hardly ever use the portal...

Comment

Hello flxlex:

I did looked at the link that you gave to me but it seemed its up to dated.
      However, PacBio's document, https://github.com/PacificBioscience...-SMRT-Analysis, did not mentioned that CA/overlap and CA/unitigger represent celera assembler....For me, a newbie, it's really pain to learn their technology.

But thank you for your advise.

Best,

JTC
      Last edited by jtchien0925; 02-16-2015, 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by jtchien0925 View Post
        Hello everyone,

I'm new to PacBio so I need your help to guide me or give me some suggestions on my de novo assembly project. I'm currently working on a ~23mb genome and I got ~40x coverage from 3 cells. Thus we decided to use HGAP to do assembly.

When I check the official pacbio user guide https://github.com/PacificBioscience...-SMRT-Analysis

It seems strongly encourage to use their portal. However, I wanted to apply those key steps on our cluster machine, 1BLASR, 2PB/dagcon, 3CA/overlap, 4CA/unitigger, 5PB/utgcns, 6Quiver but I cant find any instruction of using command line tools in any sites. So I would like to ask that if anyone knows how to use command line tools to achieve this goal? We have newest smrtanalysis 2.3.0 in our cluster but I cant find CA/overlap and CA/unitigger under our bin, so is there any package that we need to download?

Thank you for answering my question.

JTC

Try this link:
        GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

Comment

JTC,
          Even though the steps are distinct, it is difficult to run them as individual tasks, given that then data needs to be split and recombine to make the best use of computational resources. Some kind of workflow engine is generally required. To run HGAP without using SMRT Portal / Pipe, make can be used as a light weight workflow engine: https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/smrtmake, or if you are being a little more adventurous the development assembler FALCON includes its own workflow engine: https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/FALCON

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses