SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nextera exome kit cnicolet Illumina/Solexa 4 01-10-2017 03:12 AM
Failed tagmentation reaction for Nextera library? sweetph3 Sample Prep / Library Generation 14 07-21-2016 08:18 AM
step- limited pcr after tagmentation with Nextera XT... how many cycles? Synthetica RNA Sequencing 0 06-10-2014 09:37 AM
For Nextera mate-pair kit, Is it possible to reduce the tagmentation reaction time? ychang Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 04-20-2014 07:16 AM
Nextera Exome Enrichment kit dummyseq Illumina/Solexa 8 10-03-2013 06:46 AM

Old 07-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #1
Ahmed_BH

Exclamation Possibility of tagmentation without fragmentation with Nextera XT kit

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to do the fragmentation of my cDNA amplicon without any fragmentation using the Nextera XT kit. PCR amplicons have already sizes between 150 and 600 bp. these PCR products will be sequenced with Miseq.

Thanks in advance

Ahmed_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:45 AM   #2
Olaf Blue

Hello Ahmed_BH,

Probably not. The Transposase in the Nextera reactions has a dual purpose, to insert the oligos into the DNA and to cut the DNA. Insertion of the Transposome results in a 9-base scission/cut at the site, which after the PCR to add adapters, generates a 9-base duplication at each insertion site. but the scission/fragmentation is a primary characteristic of Transposome insertion.
Olaf Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:58 AM   #3
Ahmed_BH

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Blue View Post
Hello Ahmed_BH,

Probably not. The Transposase in the Nextera reactions has a dual purpose, to insert the oligos into the DNA and to cut the DNA. Insertion of the Transposome results in a 9-base scission/cut at the site, which after the PCR to add adapters, generates a 9-base duplication at each insertion site. but the scission/fragmentation is a primary characteristic of Transposome insertion.
thanks for answers
so you think that it's possible to use any kit which use fragmentation/tagmentation step.
the particularity of my PCR products that i have ligated a specific index for everyone sample and then i have pooled all the samples. i want now to keep these index during the preparation of libraries for Miseq sequencing.
Ahmed_BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:11 AM   #4
Olaf Blue

The Nextera technology is unique. If you have PCR products that have ligated adapters/indexes, a tagmentation reaction will fragment the products and depending on the length of the PCR products, may well lose one of the adapter ends, which will be replaced by an adapter from the Nextera process.
Olaf Blue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nextera sample prep, no fragme, pcr size amplicon, tation