No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visualizing SHRiMP mapping

Hi,

Is there a better way to look at the mapping generated by SHRiMP than its pretty-print output? I know there is a SAM converter included in the SHRiMP distribution but Tablet was not really happy with my converted files.

Cheers:
    Szilva

Originally posted by szilva View Post
    Hi,

Is there a better way to look at the mapping generated by SHRiMP than its pretty-print output? I know there is a SAM converter included in the SHRiMP distribution but Tablet was not really happy with my converted files.

Cheers:
    Szilva
    Convert to SAM and use the igv viewer from broad (http://www.broadinstitute.org/igv/).
    -drd

Comment

Cheers, the problem itself is the imperfect SHRiMP -> SAM conversion. Sure I can write a more reliable converter if needed with "some" effort but though others using SHRiMP had the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by szilva View Post
        Hi,

Cheers:
        Szilva
        Any chance you could send us some example files? Tablet already has a few special cases in its various file parsers for dealing with files that don't really match the specifications (but people have nagged us to be able to view), so adding another one probably won't make much difference.

Iain
        Our software: Tablet | Flapjack | Strudel | CurlyWhirly | TOPALi

Comment

Thank you indeed, unfortunately as I checked the generated SAM file, it is completely garbled. Maybe due to a sw bug or due to my inexperience. I will try to squeeze out a real SAM file from SHRiMP and if I still fail to make it work will send you a sample file.

Cheers:
          Szilva

Comment

Hi Szilva,
            Not sure if you are still interested, but SHRiMP now supports SAM output natively. There is also a nice genome browser available called Savant, that works with BAM output and works with SHRiMP.

Misko

Comment

Cheers, indeed I am using the new (v2.x) SHRiMP for quite a while and am happy with its SAM output.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses