Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blast results

I want to edit a blast file in such way that if the query sequence has a gap, that should also comes in the reference sequence like if blast output shows:

query: aa-gcaa
    || ||||
    reference: aatgcaa
    and I want to remove the t from reference and place a gap...

query: aa-gcaa
    || ||||
    reference: aa-gcaa

Why?

Do you know any programming languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby, Java, etc? If so have a look at BioPerl, Biopython, BioRuby, BioJava etc for libraries to work with BLAST files.

Comment

Yes I have tried bioperl. but I am not able to do that. I can extract the fasta sequences from these files only..

Comment

Why not use regexps for, say, finding gap-containing piece of query sequence (20 bp or so) in reference and then removing whatever you want from it?

Comment

you want to copy your query over your reference...?

If so, why not just pull you query sequence and use those,
          they already have the gaps you seem to be looking for.

But it does sound odd, maybe a better explanation of why would help.

Comment

Just taking a query won't work, because it can have different nucleotides (but not gaps) at some sites. After some thinking I see that you don't need any regexps, all you need is like

{
            reference[i]='-' if query[i]='-';
            }

for each position in sequences. Hope you can grab some sequences, dude.
            But yes, I'd like to know why he would want to do something like this.

Comment

Thanks for the reply and I am getting these results because of 454 sequencing errors, the query sequence is the gene of rhizobium bacteria and the subject is the sequence from matching contigs. I want to remove these sequencing errors in contigs. So that I can make the phylogeny of the contigs.

Comment

But so you lose actual indels that could happen between these two species, don't you? I think that first you should make sure that this particular nucleotide is indeed an error. Maybe, it is of quality much less than of other nearby nucleotides, or it is at long repeat like aaaaaaaaa or something else.

Comment

The contigs are of the rhizobium strains and blast report shows the position where i m getting this type of results have the neighboring nucleotides exactly the same as with query. So I m pretty sure that these are sequencing errors...

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
                    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
                    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
                  0 responses