Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centos for Roche 454 Data Analysis software

I have just set up Centos 6 64 bit as an OS on my computer. But when I tried to install the Data Analysis software, I kept getting an error message saying a series of 4 lib-related .i386 files are missing, thus cannot continue with installation. I tried using Yum to install the missing files, but it always return no package found. So I downloaded the DVD for the 32bit OS hoping to find the files there. To my surprise, the equivalent lib-related files still have the extension .i686. I have no idea what to do next, should I give in and try Fedora instead? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Tx in advance.

I tried to install an earlier version of the Software in Centos (5 I think) and it worked well. We now switched to Fedora and it still installs perfectly.
    The error you've got reminds me of the troubles we had when trying to install it on Ubuntu. I'd recommend change to Fedora unless you need Centos for compatibility reasons...

Comment

lyuen,

I have installed Roche DataAnalysis 2.5.3 on CentOS 5.5 64 bit without any problems. What exactly were the libraries it was complaining about not finding?

Comment

I don't bother with the graphical version, but just install the command line versions onto Ubuntu and Suse servers. You can just directly unpack the tarballs in the packages directory and link them to your ~/bin/.

Comment

install the .i686 equivalent libraries.
          I am running CentOS 6 along with both 2.3 & 2.5 successfully.

Comment

The files the software claim missing are zlib.i386, libXi.i386, libXtst.i386 and libXaw.i386. I think the equivalent .i686 files are present, but DataAnalysis still complained. The Roche software is for a GS Junior v2.5p1, and the CentOS version is 6, if that make a difference? I was trying to install Fedora 15 instead yesterday, but half way through installation, it just stopped. Thought I might try Fedora 13 today, from web it seems to be more stable. It is a bit frustrating. Many thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Comment

Hi All, I've finally got the software installed on Fedora 13 32-bit. I don't have any experience with linux so I have trouble understanding why I had so much trouble while everyone else had no problem. I wonder whether it is due to version differences in the softwares for GS Junior and GS FLX. Anyway, I'm really happy now that I can actually move onto the data analysis phase. Many thanks for your suggestions. Cheers.

Comment

I have installed the DataAnalysis(version: 2.8) on CentOS 6.3 today. Do as the following: first, yum install glibc.i686, but it didn't work! When i installed the DataAnalysis without those *.i386 library, run "/opt/454/bin/gsMapper", it shows " Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /opt/454/apps/jre/jre1.6.0_30/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so: libXext.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory".
                second, installing the libXext.so.6(download from http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/se...y=libXtst.so.6) like this: yum localinstall libXtst-1.0.99.2-3.el6.i686.rpm then type "/opt/454/bin/gsMapper";
                Finaly, it's working without error message !
                Last edited by 059; 10-15-2012, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses