Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in reviewing our manuscript on amplicon sequencing?

We started HLA genotyping by amplicon sequencing in 2013. 2.7 million samples and several thousand MiSeq/HiSeq runs later, we destilled some quite interesting lessons learned from the data.
    Our manuscript is ready to be reviewed at peerage of science . Since some of the experienced amplicon sequencers post here, I thought I ask for a review here.
    Would be greatly appreciated if you could give it a fair review!
    (2.7 million samples genotyped for HLA by next generation sequencing: Lessons learned)

I'm interested but your link doesn't take me to your paper and I'm not seeing how to search for it.
    Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

Ditto. There is no way to search by title of the paper (only by author name or so it appears).

Comment

Sorry, it is our first paper with peerageofscience and I am not yet familiar with the way to refer to manuscripts.
        Keywords are: Next generation sequencing; HLA genotyping; high resolution, high throughput; amplicon PCR; primer dimers; PCR chimerism; novel alleles
        Authors: Schoefl, Quenzel, Lange
        If you can't find it, send me a message with your name (after registering there) and I could suggest you as an reviewer. Thanks!

Comment

HLA typing is currently a popular genomics topic. You should submit your work to a traditional journal as soon as possible.

Comment

Our manuscript got published by BMC genomics. The peerageofscience experience was bumpy as currently there seems not to be a genomics community at peerageofscience. So at the end we went the conventional peer review route.
            If you are doing targeted short amplicon NGS - enjoy the read!

Comment

fantastic! I've been looking forward to reading this.
              Microbial ecologist, running a sequencing core. I have lots of strong opinions on how to survey communities, pretty sure some are even correct.

Comment

When will the 1919 novel alleles be added to the IMGT/HLA database?

Comment

We are working on this. The current release (3.27) contains 606 of those alleles.
                  However, we are not in favor of submitting partial sequence information for novel alleles. Therefore, we always characterize the full genes from UTR to UTR. This obviously is more challenging, but should be worthwhile. This project is ongoing... A manuscript describing this should be available in the next weeks in the journal HLA.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                  • seqadmin
                    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post seqadmin  
                  Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                  0 responses