SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
searching tool for ChIP-seq analysis of histone modification analysis tujchl Epigenetics 5 03-13-2013 09:00 AM
ChIP-Seq: Picking ChIP-seq peak detectors for analyzing chromatin modification experi Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 06-14-2012 04:31 AM
ChIP-Seq: Identifying Differential Histone Modification Sites from ChIP-seq Data. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-02-2011 04:51 AM
ChIP-Seq: Genome-wide histone acetylation data improve prediction of mammalian transc Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-29-2010 02:30 AM

Old 06-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #1
anagari

Thumbs up ChIP seq packages for histone modification data

Hi all,

Which chip seq peak calling algorithm would you suggest to be the best for histone modification data such as H3k4me3, H3k9me3 etc in terms of usage and accuracy.

I am trying to use MACS and cis genome. The peaks donot match (even 10%).
anagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
mudshark

hi.

what you mean by "peaks donot match"? match what?
are you sure your primary/raw data is any good? what do your eyes tell you when you browse the coverage tracks in a genome browser, do you see an expected pattern?

anyway there are many tools out, none of which has really been tested on a reference dataset that has been independently confirmed with a different technology (afaik). therefore there is no 'best' tool for everybodies dataset.

i personally would tend to recommend SICER as histone modifications are not necessarily found to have peak-shaped enrichment patterns.
mudshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #3
jbrwn

macs does work for histone modifications, but you have to specify --nomodel. also specify --nolambda if you don't have control data.

they have a workflow in their new publication: http://goo.gl/5HQlO
jbrwn is offline   Reply With Quote