SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Reduced Representation Bisulfite Sequencing for Methylation Analysis audioPL Illumina/Solexa 10 03-18-2013 06:10 PM
how to order the reads of DNA methylation data from bisulfite sequencing Jim Michael Bioinformatics 7 10-24-2012 05:40 AM
Problems about the Trimmomatic on bisulfite sequencing data sets Jerry_Zhao Bioinformatics 0 04-16-2012 12:02 PM
methylation analysis - bisulfite sequencing with SOLiD? jtjli SOLiD 3 02-10-2009 06:27 AM

Old 03-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
rghan

Default Is methylation data gathered from bisulfite sequencing noisy between biological reps?

I have a question regarding the noise between biological replicates in bisulfite sequencing experiments. From the papers that I have read, they usually make mention of the number of biological replicates in use (2 in case of the recently published tomato methylome), but they don't, as far as I can tell, mention if there is a great deal of variability in cytosine methylation for a given base. Any information or direction to a paper would be very helpful to me.
rghan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #2
dpryan
Devon Ryan

It seems to vary greatly by base and experiment. Check out some of the supplemental figures in this paper, which I recall show some nice methylation level vs. variance graphs.
dpryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bisulfite sequencing, epigenetics, methylation calling