Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get the report by using SMRT command-line version?

Now I have RS_IsoSeq command-line installed, and it works well for filter(getting reads of insert) classify(Getting full length reads) ,Isoform level clustering (ICE and Quiver),but how can I get the similar analysis report generated by SMRT Portal version with both statstic information and plot?

In addition, how can I evaluate the quality of my rawdata(Quality Control)? Something like whether the data volume is enough(full passes?SMWs?),the quality of each reads(reads of insert accuracy?Q30?cluster reads accuracy?). Is there any software or script can do this?

Thanks,
    huan
    happy

To generate the summary plot "fulllength_nonchimeric_readlength_hist.png", you will need to run the script "isoseq_classify_report.py", such as
    Code:
    mkdir -p report  && \
    isoseq_classify_report.py \
        isoseq_flnc.fasta  # output from pbtranscript.py classify
        isoseq.classify_summary.txt  # output from pbtranscript.py classify, it also contains the summary information
        output.json  # output json
        -o report  # output folder, need to exist

Comment

@bowhan Thanks very much! It helps a lotO(∩_∩)O~
      happy

Comment

Originally posted by huan View Post

In addition, how can I evaluate the quality of my rawdata(Quality Control)? Something like whether the data volume is enough(full passes?SMWs?),the quality of each reads(reads of insert accuracy?Q30?cluster reads accuracy?). Is there any software or script can do this?

Thanks,
        huan
        Hi, how do you solve this problem? Could you provide some advice or a link?Thanks!

Comment

Hi,

The simplest thing may be to run "RS_subreads" protocol in SMRTPortal. It gives you:

# of P1 ZMWs in the "Loading" tab
          Polymerase (raw) read quality in the "Filtering" tab
          Mean subread length and total subread base in the "Subread filtering" tab

You can also download the filtered subreads as a fasta file. That will give you further information about each subread and since the subread sequence IDs tell you which ZMW it is from (each ZMW can generate 0, 1, or more subreads), it gives you a sense of how many passes you are getting per ZMW.

Hope this helps.

--Liz

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
          • seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
          0 responses