SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to align the contigs to the reference genome jjjscuedu Bioinformatics 1 06-05-2012 08:39 AM
SRMA Problem SAMRecord contig does not match the current reference sequence contig gavin.oliver Bioinformatics 5 07-05-2011 05:28 AM
Finding Exon-Intron Junctions without a reference genome brachysclereid Bioinformatics 3 05-22-2011 06:21 AM
est contigs as reference genome rururara Bioinformatics 0 04-17-2011 08:28 PM
BWA and Velvet : Anamolies in contigs and read mapping to reference apratap Bioinformatics 1 01-29-2010 12:44 PM

Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
misagh

Default Finding contig repeat counts by mapping contigs to the reference genome

Hi guys, I have a set of contigs of genome G (using de novo assembly by Velvet) and I also have the complete sequence of the reference genome G. I want to know the repeat count (an integer number) of each contig in the reality by mapping them to the reference genome and finding and counting exact matches.

Which tools are easier to use? At the moment I'm just interested to have a 2 column result, one column showing the contig names and the other showing an integer number which is the repeat count of that contig in the reference genome. Everything else is just a bonus. Would you please let me know which tool is better or how I can easily produce this result based on MUMmer or BLAST output?

Thanks.
misagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:41 AM   #2
bambus

Hi,

I hope you would have got the solution for your query,if so can you please share it here as I too got stuck with the same problem.But,the only difference is that I am working with meta-transcriptomics data for which no reference genomes are available.So after assembly I mapped the original read file against the contig file and obtained an output in sam format.

Assemblers used:- SoapDenovo-Trans,Trinity,Metavelvet(didn't worked well with my data)
Mapping tools used :- Bowtie2,segemehl

It will be very helpful if you can post the procedure or steps you have gone through to get the desired information.

Thank you in advance.
bambus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alignment, contigs, mapping, reference, repeat count