No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illumina small RNA sample prep v1.5

Hi guys-

Using the new illumina small RNA sample prep kit v1.5, do we expect an additional "A" right after the miRNA sequence?

Here is the original 3' RNA Adaptor sequence and result library and I added the red colored "A":
    3' RNA Adapter
    5' P-AUCGUAUGCCGUCUUCUGCUUGUidT
    Result Library:
    5' AATGATACGGCGACCACCGA CAGGTTCAGAGTTCTACAGT CCGACGATC (N) ATCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTT G 3'
    3' TTACTATGCCGCTGGTGGCT GTCCAAGTCTCAAGATGTCA GGCTGCTAG (N) TAGCATACGGCAGAAGACGAA C 5'

I suspect that illumina improved the new kit using pre–5',5'-adenylated adaptor, so the adaptor ligation can be performed in absence of ATP. However, I am not able to find such a reference. If you have one, please let me know.

Plus, are there any biases observed using this new kit?

hi,
    the 3' adapter sequence for small RNA sequencing, v1.5 is ATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG. You'll need it to be 5'adenylated and 3'ddC blocked. You are right the 3' ligation does not require ATP and can be performed with T4 RNA Ligase 2, truncated.

I've tried to order this kit from Illumina but they are out of stock. I've been very happy with the small RNA Sequencing kit from Bioo Scientific. It includes all the components you need.
    Last edited by link1; 05-27-2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by link1 View Post
      hi,
      the 3' adapter sequence for small RNA sequencing, v1.5 is ATCTCGTATGCCGTCTTCTGCTTG. You'll need it to be 5'adenylated and 3'ddC blocked. You are right the 3' ligation does not require ATP and can be performed with T4 RNA Ligase 2, truncated.

I've tried to order this kit from Illumina but they are out of stock. I've been very happy with the small RNA Sequencing kit from Bioo Scientific. It includes all the components you need.
      Ok, 3' adaptor with the 5'adenilated doesn't need ATP in the ligation reaction. But, what if you use a ligation buffer with ATP??

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Cascoamarillo,

Using a buffer with ATP allows your small RNA insert to non-specifically bind to other small RNAs, and genomic material in your sample. By eliminating ATP in the 3’ligation step you ensure that your adenylated adapter is the only thing that’s ligating to your sample.

Comment

if u use ligation buffer with ATP, u will circulate all ur small RNA rather than ligating them to 3SR linkers. Because sRNA, at least in plants, have 5' PO4 and 3'OH. I thought the 3' linker is a DNA molecule with 5' App (adenylation). T4 RNL2 trun can't use a 5' phosphate.

Comment

Hi Silin284,

The 3’ linker or adapter is an adenylated DNA oligonucleotide that will specifically bind to the OH groups of RNA when used in the presence of truncated T4 RNA Ligase. ATP in the reaction would cause a lot of non-specific binding.
            Last edited by Bioo Scientific; 03-31-2015, 06:59 AM. Reason: The link was bad

Comment

ligate 3' adapter

Does anyone use T4 RNA ligase instead mutated to ligate 3' adapter?

Comment

Hi Quibianka,

We use T4 RNA Ligase (not truncated) to ligate the 5’adapter. /

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses