SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flow cell manufacturing quality problems? cheezemeister Illumina/Solexa 2 09-23-2015 12:58 PM
Can we stop the run and re-generated the cluster on flow cell on MiSeq? runsheng Illumina/Solexa 7 04-29-2015 06:02 AM
MiSeq flow rate won't measure brc-seq Illumina/Solexa 14 01-20-2015 09:20 PM
Re-use / regenerate MiSeq flow cell? cement_head Illumina/Solexa 2 04-21-2014 05:03 AM
Cluster Station Flow Problems SeaJane Illumina/Solexa 2 06-18-2009 01:19 AM

Old 03-07-2016, 01:07 AM   #1
dannyhi321

Exclamation Miseq Flow cell leakage Problems

I have been having problems with leakage from one of my Miseq flow cells. There is pitting on the heater/slide holder, from salt/fluid build up it seems and resulting erosion - I get contradictory responses from Illumina, some tech people say it is a know problem, others say not!

I have another system and that does not show the same.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
dannyhi321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
cmbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhi321 View Post
I have been having problems with leakage from one of my Miseq flow cells. There is pitting on the heater/slide holder, from salt/fluid build up it seems and resulting erosion - I get contradictory responses from Illumina, some tech people say it is a know problem, others say not!

I have another system and that does not show the same.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Thanks
The MiSeq at my former company had issues where there would be a poor seal with the flowcell gaskets, resulting in an accumulation of salts where the flowcell seats on the instrument. Occasionally wiping it down with some dI water when salts became visible seemed sufficient to prevent issues.

More recently, when we had a MiSeq installed at my current company, the FAS specifically mentioned cleaning any salt buildup there. I think she recommended using ~70% ethanol, but my memory is fuzzy and we haven't had to deal with it on this instrument that I'm aware of.
cmbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 02:19 AM   #3
dannyhi321

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbetts View Post
The MiSeq at my former company had issues where there would be a poor seal with the flowcell gaskets, resulting in an accumulation of salts where the flowcell seats on the instrument. Occasionally wiping it down with some dI water when salts became visible seemed sufficient to prevent issues.

More recently, when we had a MiSeq installed at my current company, the FAS specifically mentioned cleaning any salt buildup there. I think she recommended using ~70% ethanol, but my memory is fuzzy and we haven't had to deal with it on this instrument that I'm aware of.
Thanks for that - why didn't they just fix the leak?
dannyhi321 is offline   Reply With Quote