SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good QC mRNA seq samples with super low alignement lilichen RNA Sequencing 3 09-04-2016 04:22 PM
Good results on qubit , but none in the bioanalzyer ABABNEH Sample Prep / Library Generation 5 05-31-2016 11:26 AM
Genome assembly - 2 similar samples - one good, one bad Elsie Bioinformatics 5 09-22-2015 10:41 AM
Would RNA quality/quantity be good enough for sequencing when the liver tumor samples woodydon RNA Sequencing 2 04-03-2014 04:34 AM
cuffdiff on multiple samples jaison75 RNA Sequencing 0 09-05-2013 12:06 PM

Old 05-10-2018, 12:19 PM   #1
seqtechno1

Smile Is Qubit good for multiple samples?

Hello,

We've been having some quantitation issues recently, I'm wondering whether the Qubit fluorometers are good for processing lots of samples (96 at a time?)
seqtechno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 05:14 AM   #2
r.rosati

Hi,
they should be... Once you've passed the 2-minute minimum incubation time, then the tubes are supposed to be stable for 3 hours (Qubit dsDNA HS Assay guide, page 2), although personally it never happened that I had them them sit for more than half an hour prior to reading them, so I can't speak from personal experience.
What kind of issues are you experiencing? Do you notice readings drop, or raise during time? Or do the readings just fluctuate? How do the calibrators perform at the end of the readings?
Or is your issue that at the end of the experiment, the proportion of libraries is uneven? In this case, besides quantity, are they even in quality?
r.rosati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 06:08 AM   #3
microgirl123

What are you using for quantification now? I find the Qubit to be time-consuming for 96 samples - instead I use the Qubit reagents, white strip tubes, and a plate reader that can handle tubes.
microgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
kmcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgirl123 View Post
What are you using for quantification now? I find the Qubit to be time-consuming for 96 samples - instead I use the Qubit reagents, white strip tubes, and a plate reader that can handle tubes.
microgirl,

What plate reader are you using?
kmcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 07:38 AM   #5
microgirl123

Well. . . it's actually an old Stratagene qPCR instrument that will allow you to do a single endpoint read so it's only used as a "plate" reader now.

I'm not sure how well Qubit reactions would work in a plate since there's not a good way to really vortex the samples, but I haven't experimented. I half the volume of the reaction in the strip tubes both to save reagent costs and to allow more room for mixing.
microgirl123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concentration, measurement, quantitation, qubit