No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd issue with Cufflinks 2.2.0

Hi all,
    I'm having issues with results from cuffnorm.

I had 4samples(R1-R4) with 3replicates each, so that's 12 PE fastqs
    R1= A1 A2 A3;
    R2= B1 B2 B3;
    R3= C1 C2 C3;
    R4= D1 D2 D3

These were the steps I ran:
    1. Tophat / Cufflinks for each fq.(get 12 BAMS + 12 transcript.gtf)
    2. Cuffmerge to create merged.gtf.
    3. Cuffquant to create cxb.(each BAM vs merged.gtf, get 12 abundance.cxb)
    4. Cuffnorm with cxb and sample_sheet.
    And got (TableA1)
    I repeated step4, this time I treated replicates as individual samples.
    And got (TableA2)

So now it seems cuffnorm re-arranged some of the columns, but FPKM values are the same.
    Since this run was performed on a cluster where I had no root-rights, I used a pre-compiled version of cufflinks-2.2.0.

I then moved to our local server(with root-rights) and built cufflinks-2.2.0 from source.
    I used the same reference/cxb/merged.gtf files to rerun cuffnorm with the same parameters above. And got (TableB1) and (TableB2)

To simplify things, all the tables where produced using '$> head genes.fpkm_table'. I also uploaded the "samples.table" of each run.
    Seems to me that Tables A2 and B2 agree with each other, but obviously something's wrong with Tables A1 and B2.

Another thing I noticed : The pre-compiled version goes with SVN revision 4223, but the one I built from source is SVN revision 4222.

I wonder if anyone else has run into this problem?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yueluo; 03-31-2014, 07:46 PM. Reason: Missed attachments

I've been having problems browsing Cufflinks' Google Group. But my friend helped post it:

Hope this doesn't cause any convenience.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses