No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16SrDNA library QC

Hi everyone,
    After the QC by qPCR with my 16SrDNA library, I got a concentration value 13.65nM. When I submitted the sample, it was measured as more than 40nM. The sample is planning to be sequenced by illumina. I don't know if the concentration variation is normal? Do you think the sample is good for illumina sequencing? I look forward to your suggestions.Thank you very much!

Did you qc more than one sample? How did the other samples compare relative to each other? I've seen these differences before. Did both groups use the same qPCR standards, qPCR mix?

- Genohub

Comment

No, I only did one sample. The experiment was done by a facility, so I've no idea about the qPCR standards or mix. Did you use the samples with such differences for illumina sequencing? Did they work? Thank you!

Comment

Does the facility have a lot of experience with loading samples for sequencing? If yes, then you're probably okay. qPCR quantifies only amplifiable, competent adapter ligated library products. It's used to check cluster density and reduce variability between multiple libraries. My guess is that the qPCR standards or mix used was different. Does your prep have a lot of adapter dimers? If the facility has a lot of experience with NGS, they most likely have experience with cluster density and have optimized their qPCR prep to give them these numbers.

- Genohub

Comment

Thank you so much for the explanation! To avoid the misunderstanding, I want to clarify that 13.65nM is a value obtained with qPCR during QC. I got 40nM with a florescence probes kit before QC. Additionally, before qPCR the result from Tape Station looks good.

Comment

It's fairly common to see discrepancies between double strand specific fluorescent probes and qPCR. dsProbes will bind to anything that has double strands, while qPCR will be more picky and only measure products that can amplify. I haven't seen your Tape Station results but if you're getting a good size range, then it sounds like you're in good shape to sequence.

- Genohub

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
            • seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses