Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RNA Seq Low Yield of Libraries

TruSeq libraries have been generated, but are extremly low (about 0.3 ng/uL). I usually save half of my ligated product in case I need to go back to it. Is it possible to re-do A-tail step, and ligation of adapters, and then to PCR again, then pool with low original libraries.

Its seems as if ligation of adapters were not as efficient.

Hi Sci, I think your plan sounds good, except that if you are successful I don't think there should be any need to pool the new libraries with the old ones. Also, if there is an end repair step in your protocol you may want to repeat that as well.

Comment

With the TruSeq kit, I typically finish with 30 µL of library at a concentration of around 10-20 ng/µl, sometimes as much as 40. Anything less than 5 ng/µl is suspect, meaning, it isn't likely to sequence very well if at all. Try running your library on a bioanalyzer and see if you get anything. You can also take a small bit, like 1 µL, and see if you can PCR it up and get more. If you can't, your library is no good.

The most typical reason for an mRNA library prep to fail is lousy starting material.

**I've literally made over 1,000 mRNA TruSeq libraries.

Comment

We had the same problem in November and it turned out to be related to a performance issue with the PCR Master Mix reagent found in our kit. Illumina replaced the kits but we lost our samples.

Comment

I have used TruSeq Total RNA kit and have got final libray conc. 2.22 ng/ul. Is it ok to proceed for sequencing.

Comment

Do you have bioanalyzer traces?

Originally posted by mayankkaashyap View Post
            I have used TruSeq Total RNA kit and have got final libray conc. 2.22 ng/ul. Is it ok to proceed for sequencing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
              by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
              04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
            • seqadmin
              Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
              by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
              04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
            0 responses