Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agilent Pre-Capture Pooling with XT library?

Hello all,

So my lab has done pre-capture pooling using Agilent SureSelect bait libraries before, but that was before they made XT and XT2 kits. We are entertaining the idea of performing pre-capture pooling using and XT library, but with an XT2 reagent kit. I have yet to hear of anyone trying this.

My only caution is I do not know enough about the differences between XT and XT2 (ie. post-capture indexing library and pre-capture indexing library).

If it is just a matter of bait concentration then things should work out ok, assuming we do not multiplex too deeply. I think the max baits to give are 16 anyway.

Anyone have any information/thoughts/experience they could share?

Thanks.

Hey did you try this and did it work? Thanks! richard

Comment

Still working on it. Will definitely update with the level of success.

Comment

bwubb - Curious if you could share your results. Did you have to add 3x more XT bait library volume in the hybridization reactions with XT2 reagents (i.e., 15uL baits instead of 5uL) or have to concentrate your baits 3x?

Comment

superduper - thanks for the info! The same group has a homebrew recipe for an AMpure XP substitute http://protocols-serapure.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Comment

superduper - did you use XT blockers with the XT hyb mix and get okay results? I ask because XT2 adapters contain 8bp indexes while XT adapters have 6bp indices, so both kits would presumably use different blockers.

Comment

xGen blockers

Hey, has anyone used xGen blockers (Standard or Universal), and have high duplication issues when coming off of their MiSeq? I'm using Nimblegen Capture, with custom capture probes. We used to use Uracil-blockers, and have recently changed to these new xGen blockers, and as I said, are seeing high duplication rates. Any advice would help, thank you!

Comment

Sorry everyone for not updating this thread. I just realized people were waiting for this answer. Unfortunately I do not have one as our lab switched to NEB Next library prep before I could even pilot this reagent scheme. Again Im sorry for the lack of reply.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses