SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i got two different trinity.fasta by using two version of trinity kurban910 De novo discovery 0 06-05-2015 11:44 AM
Trinity Assembly Bang_Didi RNA Sequencing 6 01-11-2015 07:45 PM
[Trinity protocol] some question about step: quality assessment bongbimit Bioinformatics 4 01-24-2014 05:57 PM
question about the RSEM module within trinity ataraxia RNA Sequencing 0 08-20-2013 09:31 PM
Trinity Help dmacmillan De novo discovery 5 05-11-2012 11:20 AM

Old 11-23-2015, 03:46 PM   #1
bfp7

Default Trinity question

I am very new to bioinformatics and trinity. I am getting n error message when I run trinity:

No command 'Trinity' found, did you mean:
Command 'trinity' from package 'trinity' (universe)

anyone?
bfp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
yueluo

Use the absolute path to your trinity program or add that directory to your system PATH.
yueluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #3
bfp7

thanks for the reply. now I am getting another error message when I try to run trinity.

This is my command:

Trinity --output seahorse.trim2.corrected.trinity --full_cleanup --seqType fq --max_memory 20G --left ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.1 --right ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.2 --CPU 16

When I do ls -lth the files containing the left and right reads are not empty.

This is the error message I got:

Converting input files. (in parallel)Tuesday, November 24, 2015: 03:09:57 CMD: cat /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.1 | /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/trinity-plugins/fastool/fastool --illumina-trinity --to-fasta >> left.fa 2> /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.1.readcount
Thread 1 terminated abnormally: Error, cmd: cat /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.1 | /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/trinity-plugins/fastool/fastool --illumina-trinity --to-fasta >> left.fa 2> /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.1.readcount died with ret 768 at /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/Trinity line 2183.
Tuesday, November 24, 2015: 03:09:57 CMD: cat /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.2 | /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/trinity-plugins/fastool/fastool --illumina-trinity --to-fasta >> right.fa 2> /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.2.readcount
Thread 2 terminated abnormally: Error, cmd: cat /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.2 | /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/trinity-plugins/fastool/fastool --illumina-trinity --to-fasta >> right.fa 2> /home/ubuntu/trimming/ppart.trim2.inter.cor.fq.2.readcount died with ret 768 at /home/ubuntu/trinityrnaseq/Trinity line 2183.
Trinity run failed. Must investigate error above.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:47 AM   #4
griff

Default I am having the same problem

Hi,

I was wondering whether you had had any luck fixing this as I have just started trying to use trinity and I am getting the same error message!

Thanks,

Hannah
griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:10 AM   #5
bfp7

Hi Hannah,

The error message was due to a space in the header of the fastq file. Use the more command and the name of your file to look at the header of your fastq file.

more "name of file"

Look for a space in the header. I got my data from the European Nucleotide Archive.

If there is a space in the header you can use the "sed" command to remove it.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #6
griff

Default Thank you

thank you so much for this,

I got my data from ENA and turns out my fastq headers had the same problem! I have used sed and this appears to have sorted this and trinity is now running

fingers crossed I wont have any more issue.

Hope your trinity assembly worked well in the end too!!

Thanks again,

Hannah
griff is offline   Reply With Quote