Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to assembel more than two million ESTs sequnces?

There is a project which need a referrence sequences, so i collect all the ESTs sequences and four 454 datasets from NCBI and modify to fasta format.

I tried to cluster and asemble with tgicl, but it's failure. My server have only one cpu with 4 core and 4GB RAM.

Who can tell me how to assemble these sequences? more detail more well!

best regards!

We had exactly the same problem and we developed a software to clean and prepare the assembly for mira. You could take a look at it. If you find it interesting it I recommend you to install the git version, it is much improved and we are close to release a new version.
    If you have any questions we will be happy to help you.
    Best regards.

Comment

Thanks for Jose Blanca's answer!

I tried to insall MIRA ,but it's also failure. Becuase the OS is fedora7, and the latest version of python and boostlib under this OS is 2.5 and 1.3 respectively.

The infomation of install MIRA is following:

checking for boostlib >= 1.35.0... configure: error: We could not detect the boost libraries (version 1.35 or higher). If you have a staged boost library (still not installed) please specify $BOOST_ROOT in your environment and do not give a PATH to --with-boost option. If you are sure you have boost installed, then check your version number looking in <boost/version.hpp>. See http://randspringer.de/boost for more documentation.

Comment

Yes, you really requiere a more modern libboost. We have had that problem in the past. You might try to install the latest bost, talk to your sys admin.

Comment

I have install MIRA 3 succesully and run it. But ,when I rum NGS_backbone , it's error.

python ./backbone_create_project.py -p temp001

Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "./backbone_create_project.py", line 21, in <module>
          from franklin.backbone.create_project import create_project
          File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/franklin/backbone/create_project.py", line 26, in <module>
          from configobj import ConfigObj
          ImportError: No module named configobj

Comment

Hi, thanks for trying out ngs_backbone.

To be able to install it you need some python libraries, configobj is one of them. I've updated the documentation to clarify that point. Take a look at:

franklin library for NGS sequencing analysis. Contribute to JoseBlanca/franklin development by creating an account on GitHub.

Best regards

Comment

I have installed the configobj successfully, but when i try to install pysam-0.2 and psubprocess-0.1.0, the same error is following

pysam-0.2]# python ./setup.py install
              File "./setup.py", line 36, in <module>
              from Pyrex.Distutils import build_ext
              ImportError: No module named Pyrex.Distutils

psubprocess-0.1.0]$ python ./setup.py install
              File "./setup.py", line 60, in <module>
              from setuptools import setup
              ImportError: No module named setuptools
              Last edited by robertorun; 05-24-2010, 11:15 PM. Reason: miss some message!

Comment

But when i execute the 'python ./backbone_create_project.py -p temp001', it's successed!

Comment

python ngs_backbone_analysis.py -a temp001
                  python: can't open file 'ngs_backbone_analysis.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
                  [root@cotton-dell scripts-2.6]# python backbone_analysis.py -a temp001
                  File "backbone_analysis.py", line 23, in <module>
                  from franklin.backbone.backbone_runner import (do_analysis,
                  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/franklin/backbone/backbone_runner.py", line 29, in <module>
                  from franklin.backbone.annotation import DEFINITIONS as annot_defs
                  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/franklin/backbone/annotation.py", line 25, in <module>
                  from franklin.backbone.analysis import Analyzer
                  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/franklin/backbone/analysis.py", line 28, in <module>
                  from franklin.seq.readers import guess_seq_file_format
                  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/franklin/seq/readers.py", line 28, in <module>
                  from Bio import SeqIO
                  ImportError: No module named Bio

Comment

You need some python packages to install it.

The Bio error is due to the lack of Biopython, you have to install it.

pysam requires the pyrexpackage.

psubprocess depends on a setup tool, but I have changed that now to avoid that requirement, just download the git version.

easy and simple parallelization tool. Contribute to JoseBlanca/psubprocess development by creating an account on GitHub.

The easiest way to install everything is to use easy_install. In debian/ubuntu do:
                    sudo apt-get install easy_install
                    After that just do:
                    sudo easy_installl biopython
                    sudo easy_install pyrex
                    sudo easy_install psubprocess setup.py
                    And the rest.
                    Best regards.

Comment

My OS is fedora 7, the biopython and pyrex is already intalled.

Jose ,would you like to send the modified psubprocess package to me? Because of there much lilltle files. My email is [email protected] .

Comment

Do you have python2.6 installed in FC7? If you have installed python2.6 outside the package manager and you use the package manager to install pyrex you are installing pyrex in the python provided by Fedora, not in python 2.6.
                        You can get the latest psubprocess here:

Comment

The version of Python is 2.6.5. It's downloaded from http://www.python.org/ and installed. The biopython is installed bu the following command:

yum install python-biopython

[ydj@cotton-dell estdemo2]$ python
                          Python 2.6.5 (r265:79063, May 24 2010, 16:24:13)
                          [GCC 4.1.2 20070502 (Red Hat 4.1.2-12)] on linux2
                          Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
                          >>>

If you have installed python2.6 outside the package manager and you use the package manager to install pyrex you are installing pyrex in the python provided by Fedora, not in python 2.6.

I can't catch your means!

Comment

Yeah, you have the same problem with biopython. Every python version has it own libraries, so installing biopython (or pyrex) with yum install Biopython in your python2.5 copy, but not in python2.6.
                            The easiest way to solve that would be:
                            - Dowload the setuptools
                            Easily download, build, install, upgrade, and uninstall Python packages

- run the python2.6 setup.py install for the setuptools. Mind the 2.6!!!

- Use easy_install to install everything.

sudo easy_installl biopython
                            sudo easy_install pyrex
                            sudo easy_install psubprocess setup.py
                            etc...

Comment

I have installed the biopython and pyrex after downloading from web, then excute ngs_backbone, the following is thas,but there is backbone.conf file under the temp001 fold.

python ./backbone_analysis.py -a temp001
                              Usage: backbone_analysis.py [options]

backbone_analysis.py: error: Settings file path is mandatory if backbone.conf is not found

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
                              0 responses