SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rn/cycles: qPCR decided ATAC-seq library amplification zhaolin Sample Prep / Library Generation 9 08-14-2019 01:48 AM
On-Plate ATAC-seq krutipedali Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 02-28-2017 04:16 AM
ATAC-seq QC using gel Fasteno Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 03-12-2015 04:13 AM

Old 03-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
kropak1807

Default Why sub-saturation qPCR in ATAC-seq but not other seq methods?

Hi everyone,

I have been asking around and nobody seems to have a sufficient answer for my question. In ATAC-seq we run a side qPCR reaction in order to determine the appropriate number of PCR cycles to amplify the library without reaching saturation. Why is this only used in ATAC-seq and not other sequencing techniques? Seems to me like it should be used in all sequencing techniques, especially those that are sensitive to PCR duplicates.

Thanks
kropak1807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:59 PM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

I think in ATAC-seq quantity of available DNA in different experiments can be highly variable requiring experiment specific optimisation, while in other libraries such as RNA-Seq or DNA libraries input is normally fixed or is in a small range and pre-optimised PCR conditions can be used.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 07:26 AM   #3
NickPantelireis

I can't seem to figure out if when doing ATAC-seq you need to maintain the selected cycles the same throughout samples? For example I have 4 samples and I'm doing n=3. So do I select the number of cycles for each of the 12 samples plus replicates, do I select cycles for each sample and keep constant in replicates or do I run one qPCR and select the lowest No of cycles for all samples?
NickPantelireis is offline   Reply With Quote