Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cnv-seq - what do I set the --ref parameter to?

I am trying to detect cnv's in a bam file of an entire human genome using cnv-seq. I was able to create the "hits" file from the bam file using samtools view.

My problem is that I do not know what to put in for the --ref parameter. From what I understand I need to have a hits file from the human reference genome. I have the human reference genome in fasta file format but that will not help me to make a "hits" file. What do I do?

Thank you in advance for your help!

David

Originally posted by david_d View Post
    My problem is that I do not know what to put in for the --ref parameter. From what I understand I need to have a hits file from the human reference genome. I have the human reference genome in fasta file format but that will not help me to make a "hits" file. What do I do?

Thank you in advance for your help!
    David
    I was looking for the explanation of parameters in CNV-seq and I came across your post.
    I guess it's already way too late for the answer... however it might be useful to someone.

--ref should be another hits file. For that you need to have another genome sequenced and same as for your --test you need to map the reads to the same reference genome and extract hits file. CNV-seq will compare coverage for --ref and --test hits files. You can download raw sequence reads from for example NCBI site

Ideally for your purpose would be to have raw sequence reads from same human reference as the one you have in fasta file and onto which you mapped your reads.

Cheers!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses