Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on a possible merge with BioStar? They both seem to be continuing to cover very much the same material.

Comment

Originally posted by wjeck View Post
      Any update on a possible merge with BioStar? They both seem to be continuing to cover very much the same material.
      No updates. Istvan and I have had a couple of conversations that started and ended positively, but with no concrete actions as of yet. I know he is (or was until very recently) out of the country so perhaps things will pick up again.

He has some good ideas about how to fund such a site, but that differ from how I've proceeded so far...so we have to reconcile those two things.

Comment

Pssst Eco: with this seqanswers forum down, is there much higher activity on the Q n A site? Hint for getting higher activity for a couple of days, so more people have feedback :P
        --
        bioinfosm

Comment

Originally posted by bioinfosm View Post
          Pssst Eco: with this seqanswers forum down, is there much higher activity on the Q n A site? Hint for getting higher activity for a couple of days, so more people have feedback :P
          There was a bit higher traffic...but unfortunately in my quest to fix things I 1.) forgot I should've linked to the QnA site in my forum closure message, and 2.) broke the OSQA install.

It would be an interesting experiment to try, but I'm still not convinced that the QnA can replace the forums.

Comment

This is my first word on this forum

Comment

Hi ECO
              I am trying to post some questions on seqanswers web site.......but I am unable to do so, could you please tell me how to start a new thread in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by avm970 View Post
                Hi ECO
                I am trying to post some questions on seqanswers web site.......but I am unable to do so, could you please tell me how to start a new thread in this forum.
                Only admins can start threads in the Announcements forum. Try another one.

Comment

I've been very pleased with the Q/A format on i.seqanswers.com. I don't think it completely replaces the forums, but most of the forum posts are questions of "how do I...", and the new format is much better suited for that.

Comment

Hi Folks,
                    I have recently joint the forum, it is interesting. Actually i want to use Bowite Tool for 72 bp fragments of illumina read (microbail genome) assembling via windowXp based operating system. could any one guide me from very basics of window based installation and operation of this tool. Previously i have assemble a genome with DNAStar tool. Any body could help please. ?his/her help will be highly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Asifullah View Post
                      Hi Folks,
                      I have recently joint the forum, it is interesting. Actually i want to use Bowite Tool for 72 bp fragments of illumina read (microbail genome) assembling via windowXp based operating system. could any one guide me from very basics of window based installation and operation of this tool. Previously i have assemble a genome with DNAStar tool. Any body could help please. ?his/her help will be highly appreciated.
                      Welcome, but please ask your question in the appropriate subforum if you are expecting a response.

Comment

Req ChIP seq protocol

Hi guys, i am krishh working on miRNAs regulation in human cells.

I am doing some ChIP-seq these days, i need some help from one you guys regarding protocol. What are the conditions has to be really work to reduce adapters contamination for this new illumina plat form.

thanks in advance ..

Comment

Originally posted by roman View Post
                          Hi guys, i am krishh working on miRNAs regulation in human cells.

I am doing some ChIP-seq these days, i need some help from one you guys regarding protocol. What are the conditions has to be really work to reduce adapters contamination for this new illumina plat form.

thanks in advance ..
                          See the post right above yours for what I don't want to retype.

Comment

Hi All,
                            I am new to this forum. I am working on validation of SNPs using NGS. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am unable to make a new post. Can you please guide me on this?
                            UN

Comment

Originally posted by unagaswamy View Post
                              Hi All,
                              I am new to this forum. I am working on validation of SNPs using NGS. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this. I am unable to make a new post. Can you please guide me on this?
                              UN
                              Looks like you made a new post to me. If you're trying to start a new thread, you can't in this subforum. Try one of the forums that are applicable to the topic of your question.

Comment

I just signed up here and tried to ask a question, but there is no 'submit' button. There is a login/register button, but when I click that it seems to simply refresh the page. I think I need to reply to another thread in order to be able to ask a new question at all here. Is this true?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses