SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MetaSim: why paired end reverse read is much shorter than forward read?? gen_argentino Bioinformatics 0 09-06-2012 07:38 AM
CASAVA 1.8 index barcodes in read header ians Bioinformatics 31 06-23-2012 12:17 PM
Forward adapter at end of forward paired end read? darthsequencer Illumina/Solexa 1 03-04-2012 02:37 PM
how to define a forward or reverse read file poorphd Illumina/Solexa 3 11-22-2011 01:34 PM
bias in mapped forward/reverse read ratios dvh Illumina/Solexa 8 10-02-2008 08:32 AM

Old 02-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
memento

Default Split barcodes - embedded index only in forward read

Hi,
I try to split fastq file containing multiple samples (illumina paired end, miseq run). These are not general barcodes read directly on the machine - they are simply embedded within the read (forward only, first 6bp, reverse has no index).
Tried to use FASTX toolkit but there is no way to use it with paired end.
Managed to successfuly split the read1 using FASTX but how to match read2 reads ?
Is there any tool to directly work on PE reads?
Thanks in advance!
b
memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
JackieBadger

Your problem is one I image a lot of people have yet there isn't a straight forward way of doing what you ask (that I am aware of).

One way to do it is to filter you R1 and then interlace each filtered file with its matching R2. For this I use FastqInterlacer/de-interlacer implemented in Galaxy. You will need to install a local instance of Galaxy and then add this functionality via their toolshed.

Another way that may work is to use the RADseq program STACKS. The QC step in STACKS (process_radtags) splits paired end reads by barcodes in R1. Just make sure you switch off all off the other QC filtered to keep all of your data.
JackieBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
nsaarman

https://github.com/najoshi/sabre
nsaarman is offline   Reply With Quote