SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repeating chipseq or chipseq with another antibody hawainpanda Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-12-2015 04:56 PM
chipseq for mitochondrial genes mathew Bioinformatics 1 03-12-2015 04:33 AM
GLITR - ChipSeq sklages Bioinformatics 0 01-07-2013 01:22 AM
Indexing ChIPseq libraries using Illumina's TruSeq and ChIPseq kits Alex Clop Epigenetics 6 11-08-2012 12:07 PM
Chipseq data analysis RadAniba Bioinformatics 6 06-17-2011 11:35 AM

Old 03-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
memento

Default ChIPseq - how to qc the results ?

Hi,
I just received our first chipseq sequencing results. I tried to use 2 packages to get the interesting peaks (MACS and Homer). Homer produces various qc graphs that seem to be fine, quality-wise. as expected, our igg control has random tags all over. my problem is, that our positive fraction (pulldown of antibody specific for our DNA-methyltransferase of interest ) doesnt seem that much "enriched". due to various problems (to high phix spike on top of lower clustering), we got ~5mln aligned reads/sample. that sounds about right to see a lot of peaks. How to test that actually somebody got a successfull IP ? I saw some of the RT-PCR fold changes, but they were not that impressive (eg 2-5fold, I havent seen the raw RTpcr data, eg fold changes obtained on cT's above 30'ish would be questionable, right). What to look for in terms of obvious IP/lib prep problems ?
Thanks!
memento is offline   Reply With Quote