Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on DNA fragment size after shear the DNA (in Chip-seq)

Hi, everyone,
    Is there any manual that tells you what is the distribution of the DNA fragment size (length) after you use ultrasound (or whatever) to break (shear) the DNA (then you will use immunoprecipitation to take out the DNA fragments with binding proteins, I just want to get length information on those fragment size). This issue is very important for my current research, and I could not find the information!
    Hope someone can give me any clue, greatly appreciate!!

I think you can check the attached manual of Bioruptor System.
    Attached Files

Comment

Moving this to library construction, as I don't think it qualifies as Bioinfx!

Also, Covaris has some pretty good information about the capabilities of their system here:

Comment

Hi Kaixinsjtu!
        Actually there is a pretty good consensus in most papers about ChIP-seq regarding the "optimal DNA size range".
        It corresponds to 100 to 600 base pairs. This size range can easily be obtained using sonication but you will have to optimize your fixation, lysis and shearing conditions anyway (whatever the sonication system you might use).

DomiP

Comment

Originally posted by DomiP View Post
          Hi Kaixinsjtu!
          Actually there is a pretty good consensus in most papers about ChIP-seq regarding the "optimal DNA size range".
          It corresponds to 100 to 600 base pairs. This size range can easily be obtained using sonication but you will have to optimize your fixation, lysis and shearing conditions anyway (whatever the sonication system you might use).

DomiP
          Whoa! I wish I could remember what I did for that ancient project
          But still appreciate that!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses