Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Yes, I'm using maf2sam.py for the conversion and I had noticed that there was currently no implicit paired-end distance set in the SAM file (Tablet reports all the lengths as 0). I'd be happy to share some MIRA assemblies if it would help, but it seems that this type of shading is beyond Tablet's functionality (at least for the time being).
    Please get in touch via a DM on the forum, or via a github message. Or, if you don't mind having it public, posting a URL here would also suit me.

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Also, as far as I can see (and please let me know if there something I'm missing), Tablet doesn't differentiate in-contig with off-contig mapped pairs by color, only those with unmapped pairs.
    Um. Gordon? I know there are at least four colours in that mode... Maybe room for one more?

Peter
    Last edited by maubp; 09-26-2011, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
      Um. Gordon? I know there are at least four colours in that mode... Maybe room for one more?
      I'm working on it as we speak. It's likely there will be two extra colours as opposed to one though. One for first in pair with its partner in another contig and another for second in pair with its partner in another contig.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by GStephen View Post
        I'm working on it as we speak. It's likely there will be two extra colours as opposed to one though. One for first in pair with its partner in another contig and another for second in pair with its partner in another contig.
        Perhaps it would be more general to use these new colours for reads where the 0x02 "properly paired" flag is not set? That should cover this situation (mapped to different contigs) and things like mapped in the wrong orientation. Assuming the tool generating the SAM/BAM file uses the flag properly

[Certainly this should work with maf2sam.py which currently sets the properly paired flag when the reads are mapped to the same contig]

Comment

Hi,
          I am new to tablet and I've encountered this problem.

error: java.io.IOException: No space left on device

Reference genome file: 1.7Gb
          sam file: 35Gb

I have alllocated a 48Gb memory on tablet. Any thoughts on why am I still getting this error?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by phatjoe View Post
            Hi,
            I am new to tablet and I've encountered this problem.

error: java.io.IOException: No space left on device
            That sounds like you're out of disk space rather than memory. Go into Tablet Options and change the location of its cache directory to somewhere with plenty of free space. If you also convert the sam file to bam, then Tablet won't need much working space either.

Iain
            Our software: Tablet | Flapjack | Strudel | CurlyWhirly | TOPALi

Comment

Originally posted by imilne View Post
              That sounds like you're out of disk space rather than memory. Go into Tablet Options and change the location of its cache directory to somewhere with plenty of free space. If you also convert the sam file to bam, then Tablet won't need much working space either.

Iain
              You are right! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Comment

We've released a new version of Tablet today. People with Tablet already installed should see the update prompt the next time they open Tablet.

You can download Tablet from our website where there is also a listing of the changes to Tablet since the last release.

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by imilne View Post
                  It already can. Just right-click the consensus sequence and select a copy-to-clipboard option.

Iain
                  When I select the copy-to-clipboard option, the sequence that gets copied is in fact the reference sequence. So is the consensus here not referring to the real consensus of the mapping? In the attached screen-shot, I'll say the highlighted T should be the consensus but not the C that shows up in the "consensus" track. Or am I doing something wrong here?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zlu View Post
                    When I select the copy-to-clipboard option, the sequence that gets copied is in fact the reference sequence. So is the consensus here not referring to the real consensus of the mapping? In the attached screen-shot, I'll say the highlighted T should be the consensus but not the C that shows up in the "consensus" track. Or am I doing something wrong here?
                    I don't think Tablet attempts to calculate a "consensus" from the reads, it just shows you the reference sequence they are mapped against.

If you are looking at a de novo assembly file, then this "reference" would be the consensus as calculated by the assembly tool.

i.e. There isn't a "consensus" track in Tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by maubp View Post
                      i.e. There isn't a "consensus" track in Tablet.
                      That's what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

By the way, does anyone know of a "simple window-based" program (for the lab people ) that is capable of calculating the consensus from a mapping project?

Comment

Originally posted by zlu View Post
                        By the way, does anyone know of a "simple window-based" program (for the lab people ) that is capable of calculating the consensus from a mapping project?
                        As long as by "window-based" you mean a GUI and not MS Windows I'd recommend you try out Samscope. It will show you an "estimated" consensus for the bases you're looking at. I say "estimate" because if you have more reads than pixels on a given base, it might ignore some of them in said estimate (if you scroll around and display all of them at least once, they will all be included). This isn't really the point of Samscope, so I figure an estimate is good enough, but if there's actually demand for this sort of thing, it wouldn't be too hard to force exact calculation, on say mouse over or something. So easy, I think I'll go add that feature now in fact...

Comment

hm - interesting viewer. However - I did not install it yet as I generally don't like to execute some kind of installer where I have no clue what it does where. I wonder if there are any command-line options that may be of interest to me or if I can find somewhere some information about it?

Comment

Originally posted by schmima View Post
                            hm - interesting viewer. However - I did not install it yet as I generally don't like to execute some kind of installer where I have no clue what it does where. I wonder if there are any command-line options that may be of interest to me or if I can find somewhere some information about it?
                            *Edit* Doh, that question was from a different user, not zlu. Totally embarassing. Sorry!

I don't want to hijack this Tablet thread over another viewer, so feel free to contact me directly or use the samscope sourceforge site, or start another thread here or something, if you have questions. But for now, you can use "scons --dry-run" to show what any scons command *would* do without actually doing it (like "scons install --dry-run"). Or you can just run it from the build directory without installing it. The samscope wiki has some more details on building and installing.
                            Last edited by Crypticfortune; 02-15-2012, 04:12 AM. Reason: embarassing

Comment

Ups - I'm sorry. With the "interesting viewer" I was referring to tablet - not samscope.

Comment

Originally posted by schmima View Post
                                If you install it as a normal user (which works fine with Tablet for me) you don't have to worry - there is an uninstaller as well. I wouldn't install any unknown software as root, agreed!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses