SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Sanger/Dye Terminator

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sanger error probabilities sphil Bioinformatics 4 09-07-2011 10:12 PM
PubMed: DecGPU: distributed error correction on massively parallel graphics processin Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-31-2011 10:20 AM
error correction for RNA-seq reads fhb RNA Sequencing 6 11-18-2010 01:58 PM
PubMed: Error correction of next-generation sequencing data and reliable estimation o Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-31-2010 08:56 AM
BFAST and read error correction (with SAET or similar tool) javijevi Bioinformatics 4 01-27-2010 12:46 PM

Old 05-21-2012, 02:36 AM   #1
a_crisp

Default Has anyone used Qamar? - error correction for Sanger/illumina

Has anyone used Qamar? I'm failing to get it to compile/work on my machine.

I installed the Qt4 libraries from the link given in the install instructions then try to run make. This returns "make: Nothing to be done for `first'."

So I try to run Qamar and get "./Qamar: error while loading shared libraries: libQtCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory."

Help from anyone who's got it working would be much appreciated.

Alternatively I want to error correct sanger sequences based on my illumina reads. Anyone know a program for doing this (other than Qamar)?

Thanks,
Alastair
a_crisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
a_crisp

I finally got this working. Just in case anyone else has the same problem, here's the solution:

When installing the libraries from http://qt.nokia.com/downloads you must use the actual library links (scroll down) NOT the link for the SDK, even though it says installing the SDK will also install the libraries, because it doesn't.

If you get the following error:
"./Qamar: error while loading shared libraries: libQtCore.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

You have to create a a file Qt.so.conf in the /etc/ld.so.conf.d/ directory containing:
# Qt libraries directory
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.2/lib

(or which ever version you have installed/where it is installed)

Then run:
sudo ldconfig

Last edited by a_crisp; 06-13-2012 at 03:26 AM.
a_crisp is offline   Reply With Quote