SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1 lane per treatment vs. multiplexing for rnaseq nsl Bioinformatics 2 04-27-2012 08:54 PM
small rna seq with total lane read count different between conditions anle Bioinformatics 0 01-25-2012 01:25 PM
Multiplexing ChIP-seq Giles Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 10-26-2011 09:41 AM
RNA-seq multiplexing sppearce Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 08-05-2011 04:13 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-chip versus ChIP-seq: Lessons for experimental design and data analysi Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-02-2011 02:50 AM

Old 06-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
menzies

Default Multiplexing RNA-Seq and ChIP-Seq in same lane

Is it OK to multiplex RNA-Seq and ChIP-Seq samples into the same lane? My ChIP is sheared to around 300bp using sonication, and the RNA-Seq samples are fragmented to 300-400bp by cationic RNA fragmentation.

The only problem I can think of is the effect of different-sized fragments on qPCR library estimation (before mixing to multiplex the samples). Are there any other problems I haven't thought of?
menzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
UKboston

I just asked Illumina tech support about this:
In general, multiplexing ChIP-Seq libraries is possible but not supported since it is difficult due to low input material levels, high number of PCR cycles necessary, and inefficiency of the three-primer multiplex PCR. For TruSeq Cluster Kits it is not possible to do multiplexing of ChIP-Seq with Small RNA v1.0, v1.5. Please find this informaiton also on website: http://support.illumina.com/sequenci...atibility.ilmn
UKboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
luckylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKboston View Post
I just asked Illumina tech support about this:
In general, multiplexing ChIP-Seq libraries is possible but not supported since it is difficult due to low input material levels, high number of PCR cycles necessary, and inefficiency of the three-primer multiplex PCR. For TruSeq Cluster Kits it is not possible to do multiplexing of ChIP-Seq with Small RNA v1.0, v1.5. Please find this informaiton also on website: http://support.illumina.com/sequenci...atibility.ilmn
do you mean that chip-seq samples should be sequencing alone in one lane. and in this lane the best thing is there is no other kind of sequencing samples? thank you!
luckylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #4
UKboston

That's what it sounds like to me, though the reasons are unclear to me. I read elsewhere that, while not recommended, it is possible to multiplex ChIP-seq libraries. I haven't done it and have no immediate plans to do so.

Last edited by UKboston; 08-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.
UKboston is offline   Reply With Quote