SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: High-Throughput Illumina Strand-Specific RNA Sequencing Library Preparation. Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 01-21-2013 11:48 PM
RNA-Seq: Analysis of cancer metabolism with high-throughput technologies. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-23-2011 02:00 AM
RNA-Seq: Personalized oncology through integrative high-throughput sequencing: a pilo Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 12-03-2011 02:40 AM
PubMed: BIPES, a cost-effective high-throughput method for assessing microbial divers Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-22-2010 06:10 AM
PubMed: A novel single cDNA amplicon pyrosequencing method for high-throughput, cost- Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 07-24-2010 02:00 AM

Old 07-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #1
Noa

Default cost-effective high throughput RNA-Seq

Can anyone update me on the latest protocols or literature with respect to cost-effective RNA-Seq? I am looking for protocols to do high throughput (hundreds of samples) RNA-Seq that are to be multiplexed on Illumina. I want to stay away from needing to use an Illumina kit for each barcoded sample as the price will be prohibative.
Are there any recommendations on the best enzymes, protocols, etc?
Any thoughts on the possibility of taking RNA to cDNA while ligating a barcode to each sample and then taking all as a single pooled sample for downstream Illumina library prep?
Thanks
Noa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barcode, cost, illumina, pooled, rna-seq