SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Sanger/Dye Terminator

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accidentally eluted with x100 Tris PrawnFryan Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 03-31-2014 12:00 PM
Sequencing rxn left at room temp for ~45 min FredTam1 Sanger/Dye Terminator 0 03-19-2014 06:09 PM
PE bisulfite seq: could the EB solution inhibit the PCR rxn? Simone78 Illumina/Solexa 6 03-25-2011 06:15 AM
PubMed: Ray: simultaneous assembly of reads from a mix of high-throughput sequencing Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 03-01-2011 10:30 AM
Sample mix-ups in next-gen sequencing james hadfield General 0 06-23-2010 05:38 AM

Old 04-03-2014, 06:15 PM   #1
FredTam1

Default Hi-Di Formamide accidentally added to sequencing rxn mix

Hi! Ok, my sequencing reaction was all set up great, I cleaned with with "Centrisep" plates from Princeton Separations, and as a last step I fill any empty columns on my plate with Hi-Di formamide so as to not dry out my ABI 3730.

Question, I accidentally just went through and added Hi-Di Formamide to samples actually containing sequencing reaction that I needed. Will this in any way hurt or destroy the DNA, ruin the reaction, will I get OK results? Thank you so much in advance!
FredTam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:39 AM   #2
bbeitzel

You might get lower intensity fluorescence due to loading less of the diluted DNA into the capillaries, but other than that it should be fine. We used to dry down our BigDye reactions and then resuspend the pellet in HiDi formamide before running.
bbeitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
FredTam1

Yes, thanks. After freaking out I read a lot about Hi-Di and its actually used to denature the DNA right before going into the capillaries on the sequencer. So it's actually meant to augment the whole process, the data came out clean.
FredTam1 is offline   Reply With Quote