SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
repeating chipseq or chipseq with another antibody hawainpanda Sample Prep / Library Generation 2 03-12-2015 03:56 PM
Indexing ChIPseq libraries using Illumina's TruSeq and ChIPseq kits Alex Clop Epigenetics 6 11-08-2012 11:07 AM
k- means clustering of chipseq peak data wrt to TSS honey Bioinformatics 5 06-21-2012 02:12 PM
Chipseq data analysis RadAniba Bioinformatics 6 06-17-2011 10:35 AM
removing adapters sequences from ChIPseq data? johannes.rainer Illumina/Solexa 0 02-05-2010 06:50 AM

Old 09-15-2015, 02:01 AM   #1
mizar106

Unhappy Clustering of ChIPseq data

Hi guys!
I have an issue about the analysis of different type of ChIP-seq data. I want to combine them using clustering to observe meaningful epigenetic patterns in the dataset. Briefly, I generated a matrix with rows representing genomic 200bp bins (I have different millions of rows) and epigenetic marks in columns. I apply pam-clustering (clara from 'cluster' R package) to the matrix and fortunately seems to work and it is quite fast. The problem is about the method to determine the optimal number of clusters. I tried different approaches from different R packages (silhouette, pamk, gap statistic and so on..) but obviously all of them didn't work since they require too much memory in R. So, my idea was to extract a subset of , let's say, 10000/50000 rows from the full matrix and use them to infer the optimal cluster number. Do you think it could be correct? In that case, of course, I would have to find a good criteria to define my subset. Otherwise, I didn't find any other solution to set the optimal k for the moment. I would be very grateful if somebody can help me. Thanks a lot.
fran
mizar106 is offline   Reply With Quote