SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Introductions

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RNA-Seq: High-Throughput Illumina Strand-Specific RNA Sequencing Library Preparation. Newsbot! Literature Watch 1 01-21-2013 11:48 PM
rna-seq experiment not strand-specific or coverage symmetry laupl Introductions 2 05-09-2012 07:19 PM
RNA-Seq: A Strand-Specific Library Preparation Protocol for RNA Sequencing. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 09-29-2011 06:00 AM
RNA prep for Multiplexed- Strand Specific RNA seq cmjluckey Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 02-21-2011 07:25 AM
RNA-Seq: Comprehensive comparative analysis of strand-specific RNA sequencing methods Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-17-2010 02:00 AM

Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM   #1
laupl

Default is rna-seq experiment strand-specific or not?

hi all,

is there any particular field to search for understand if an rna-seq experiment is or not strand-specific on NCBI SRA db or EMBL ENA db?

thanks

laupl
laupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
malachig

My impression is that a very small percentage of RNA-seq data generated to date is strand-specific. I am not aware of any way to search for this data directly in SRA. I would be very interested to hear from other users with experience querying SRA. I have found that unless you already know the accession number for the SRA data you are interested in (from a manuscript say) its very difficult to extract meaningful information from the SRA...
malachig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
malachig

Follow up. If you are just looking for some example data that is strand-specific... Both the iDEA Challenge and Human Body Map projects at Illumina include some directional RNA-seq libraries.
malachig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rna-seq