No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library quantification for pooling question

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any success with accurately quantifying libraries for pooling other than using the Qubit? I was wanting to make the process alot more high-throughput. Has anyone successfully used the Agilent Tapestion for this?

Thanks

Our facility (VCGSL at UC Berkeley) uses the Kapa qPCR kit, and we tend to get really even distributions.

Comment

our Quant

We use a homebrew that is essentially the Kapa kit but using PhiX as the standard for the standard curve.

We found the Kapa kit to be cost prohibitive but are looking into the new Qiagen Quant kit now

Comment

Originally posted by kwaraska View Post
        We use a homebrew that is essentially the Kapa kit but using PhiX as the standard for the standard curve.

We found the Kapa kit to be cost prohibitive but are looking into the new Qiagen Quant kit now
        Hey kwaraska, our facility also is currently using Kapa for library quantification and while it works great I would very much like to move toward a less expensive alternative. Are there any special tricks to using PhiX as a standard? Would you mind sending me your protocols? Thanks.

ryclone

Comment

I can send you our "by hand" protocol.

The robotic one isn't as easy to translate into "by hand"

If you give me an email address I'd be happy to share

Comment

Originally posted by kwaraska View Post
            I can send you our "by hand" protocol.

The robotic one isn't as easy to translate into "by hand"

If you give me an email address I'd be happy to share
            Thank you very much! The email address is [email protected]

Comment

Kapa qPCR kit is good. But I usually qualify each lane's samples by Qubit then pool together then run Qpcr
              it save some time and works fine.
              Yun

Comment

Pooling prior to qPCR is fine if you aren't super interested in exact pooling. Most of our customers would prefer to pay a bit extra for additional qPCR rather than take a chance on getting only 10% of one sample when they expect 25%. It is cheaper to pool after qPCR than run another whole lane of sequencing to get more data

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses