No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging RNA-Seq files run at two different times with identical setup

Hi group:
    I am sure this question has been asked in many flavors but after pouring over those, I still could not get what exactly I am asking for. I thought members could provide an answer.

My question:

I have two samples with 3 RNA-Seq replicates ( by combining all 3 replicates from two lanes I get 30Mil reads 100bp length PE reads).

Obviously this is not a good read coverage for identifying splicing differences.

I am aiming now for 70Mil reads to identify the splicing differences.

My question:
    1. I am going for another sequencing run shooting for another 40 Mil read coverage.

Can I combine the new 40 Mil reads with previous 30 Mil reads and do analysis for identifying splicing patterns. Is there any hidden surprises that one cannot combine two batches like these (concerning insert sizes etc..). I will use MATS for splicing.

Obviously I will choose the same design (100bp and paired-end design) and I have the same RNA library left from previous sequencing run which I will use for new sequencing.

thanks a lot.
    Adrian

Any suggestions I appreciate..
    thanks

Comment

As long as other things remain constant (no of cycles, sequencing kit version, machine) it should be ok.

If it has been a while since you ran the first batch .... You may be able to leverage new technology (e.g. V2 rapid kits) and get all new data that can give you the coverage you desire.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses