SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > 454 Pyrosequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Removing duplicates is it really necessary? foxyg Bioinformatics 34 12-02-2016 02:17 PM
example for using Picard removing duplicate reads? fabrice Bioinformatics 9 10-18-2013 03:32 AM
removing mids litali Bioinformatics 2 10-24-2011 04:18 AM
Removing similar sequence reads loba17 Bioinformatics 4 10-17-2011 08:31 AM
Removing rRNA from RNA-Seq SeeElle RNA Sequencing 3 12-07-2010 07:12 AM

Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Khanjan

Default Removing primers

Hey all,

I am new to using gsAssembler. I want to do an assembly of cDNA sequences. However, they have primers attached to it. I saw an option called 'Trimming database for De-Novo assembly, and provided the list of primers as an input. However, when I check the output assembly, several contigs still have those primers. How do I make sure that these are removed before assembly( I have a .sff file).
Also, I want all the contigs after assembly. The AllContig.fna in gsAssembly is not listing all the contigs ( like the singletons). How do I obtain all the contigs from the assembly?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Regards,
Khanjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #2
flxlex

The -v option is probably what you describe, and if it does not remove all primers I guess there is a bug in gsAssembler :-(

Singletons are not contigs (by definition, I guess), but I do understand you want to get them included in your final dataset.

Using the sffinfo trick described in the software manual on page 134 (getting the read IDs from the 454ReadStatus.txt file, make a new sff file with only the singletons, and then extracting the reads as a fasta file) would do it.
flxlex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdna, denovo, primer, trimming