SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > RNA Sequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
correlation in per base sequence quality profiles of multiplexed samples. sridharacharya Bioinformatics 3 09-28-2015 08:49 AM
Finding the Similarity/dissimilarity of RNAseq samples using correlation dena.dinesh Bioinformatics 2 06-09-2015 12:42 PM
how to find correlation between a gene and a set of genes from one replicate RNASEQ angel-sakura Bioinformatics 0 12-21-2014 08:52 PM
Within Sample Correlation of 2 genes - Rna-seq saint_667 Bioinformatics 3 02-07-2014 01:53 AM
Sequencing DNA/RNA of 4 genes of interest in multiple samples (n=50)? Thomas Hartjes Sample Prep / Library Generation 6 11-11-2011 11:43 AM

Old 05-17-2016, 07:30 AM   #1
rakscalloni

Default Correlation among genes of RNA-seq samples

Hello!

I have RNA-seq data from two conditions: embryonic stem cells and cardiomyocytes differentiated from them. The data was aligned and the reads were counted using HTSeq.
I want to estimate the correlation among lncRNAs and mRNAs (estimate correlation among genes) expressed in the embryonic stem cells samples. What kind of normalization should I apply on my data to make it read to calculate correlation using pearson/spearman correlation?
I tried the function "varianceStabilizingTransformation" from DESeq2, but I am not quite sure it is the right way to normalize the data in my case.

Thank you
rakscalloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #2
fanli

DESeq2's variance stabilizing transform is a good starting point. Clustering or network methods might be another thing to consider if you're looking for relationships among genes.
fanli is offline   Reply With Quote