No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMOS: problem getting hawkeye to view bambus output

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea what my problem is? I've just installed and learning to use AMOS.
    I'm using AMOS's minimus to assemble some .fasta reads, make scaffold by Bambus2, and try to visualize in hawkeye.

My workflow was:
    1. toAmos -s myreads.fa -o myreads.afg
    2. minimus myreads.afg
    3. goBambus2 myreads.bnk/ myScaff

Everything ran with no problem up to this point. Then,

4. hawkeye myreads.bnk

I got the follow error:

Opening myreads.bnk/... [0.00s]
    Indexing Contigs .......... [0.00s] 712 reads in 15 contigs
    Indexing Scaffolds [0.00s] 0 contigs in 0 scaffolds
    Indexing Libraries .......... [0.00s] 2 libraries
    Indexing Mates .......... [0.00s] 22 mated reads in 772 fragments
    Indexing Reads .......... [0.00s] 714 reads
    Features not available
    Initialize Display .ERROR: WHAT: Cannot stream fetch: beyond end of stream
    LINE: 147
    FILE: BankStream_AMOS.cc

My fasta sequence reads is just a compilation of reads from various lanes of illumina data. It may not have pair end information for all reads.
    Is my error due to not having paired end information? If so why did Bambus2 run with no errors?

Thanks

You might try asking this on AMOS HELP <[email protected]>. You can sign up here.

-S.

Comment

I have, but still waiting for reply, and hoped to reach a wider audience here.
      Anyone any ideas?

Comment

Problem solved.

I was assuming that paired information was deduced and included in the amos .afg file during its generation, but actually the paired information must be explicitly provided in a separate .mates file. Once this was included in the .afg file generation, I could run minimus -> bambus -> hawkeye to view any scaffolds.

I found a really helpful site which provided a script to parse out the mate pair information from your input .fasta file here http://compbio.korea.ac.kr/wiki/inde...ina_for_bambus which is this:

Code:
        cat my.fasta |grep ">" |sed s/\>//g |sed 's/\/1*$/./g;s/\/2*$/./g'|awk -F "." '{print $1}' |sort |uniq -c |awk '{if ($1 == 2) print $2"/1\t"$2"/2\tsmall"}' > mates.txt
        One just needs to adjust and add the library name and insert sizes at the top of the generated file.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses