No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie's Question on align published Chip-Seq data

I think these question are so green I feel even embarrassed to ask:

What I want to do is to align the binding peaks of the transcription factors I am working with to a genome locus I am interested in (as a mean to find the potential mechanism for how the the transcription factor I am interested in regulates the locus containing multiple other genes.)

For this purpose, I was looking for an introduction like 1, which analyzing software should I start with for this kind of simple purpose? I am wondering around Galaxy and IGV or CisGenome, I want to start with the one with the most user base, and of course, more friendly to wetbiologist who spend most of time on bench work.

2, I attached the Begining part of the GFF/BED file I am working on, I want to output a peaks track profile with the locus I am interested in as reference gene, ideally, I want to be flexible when I need to add peak file of other transcription factors to compare the potential overlapping of binding peaks. at the end, I want to extract the sequence fasta file (so I could focusing on some of the peaks and repeat the experiment by Chip-qPCR).

The above sounds like a really newbie stuff,can some one recommend a introductory post or even text book for me that I could do this part professionally?

The GFF file I am working with has the information as showed below

Seqname Source Feature Start End Score Strand Frame Group
    chr1 Sole_search_nkxelanda05fdr001p5 TagPeak 3284430 3284669 18 + . chr1_3284430_3284669
    chr1 Sole_search_nkxelanda05fdr001p5 TagPeak 3357210 3357419 19 + . chr1_3357210_3357419

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses