SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
De novo assembly from DNA sequence and RNA seq jjjscuedu De novo discovery 3 11-11-2013 08:28 PM
Comparing the quality of de novo assembly from two runs' data NGS group Bioinformatics 3 05-10-2013 09:17 AM
Assessing quality and accuracy of de novo genome assembly rwness Bioinformatics 5 01-31-2011 04:13 PM
PubMed: De novo assembly of short sequence reads. Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-21-2010 03:01 AM
Illumina de novo assembly with quality values Peter Bjarke Olsen Bioinformatics 2 06-21-2010 03:11 AM

Old 04-15-2015, 02:41 AM   #1
GillermoPonz

Default How would sequence overrepresentation affect the quality of a De Novo assembly?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to prepare two files containing several millions of illumina RNA pair-end reads for a De Novo assembly using Trinity, and, as I posted the other day I have some doubts about how to prepare the datasets in order to obtain the best transcriptome assembly.

In this case my doubt is about haw would affect the assembly the overrepresentation of some sequences. My datasets have a deep coverage and, as a result, I have a great overrepresentation of some (non-artifact) sequences (some of them representing up to the 0.2% of the total number of sequences) and a huge level of sequence duplication (73% aprox.). Are this parameters important for the quality of the assembly? How can I solve this if it is important? Should I normalized the datasets before performing the assembly?

I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this (at least for me) puzzling issue.

Last edited by GillermoPonz; 04-15-2015 at 02:51 AM.
GillermoPonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assembly, bioinformactics, next-gen, rna-seq, trinity