SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assembly paired-end sequences with Velvet efsalcedo Illumina/Solexa 4 07-12-2015 09:10 PM
comparison of Ion Proton RNAseq data with Illumina pair end data? vipul jain General 3 01-25-2015 12:11 PM
TopHat clarification for pair-end sequences gwilymh Bioinformatics 2 09-08-2013 07:46 AM
difference between pair end and single end reads assembly jjjscuedu Bioinformatics 0 08-13-2013 07:22 PM
will different pair-end reads length affect assembly? sequensized_simo Bioinformatics 1 06-17-2012 05:36 AM

Old 04-13-2015, 03:35 AM   #1
GillermoPonz

Default Pair-end sequences assembly with Trinity (data mining doubt)

Hello everyone, I'm a Master student from Spain and this is my very first job with bioinformatics and RNA-Seq, so please excuse me if my questions are too easy or are not very clearly explained.

I have two files containing 100pb pair-end reads from Illumina RNA-seq and I want to assembly them into a De Novo transcriptome using Trinity. Up to here everything is OK, but I have some doubts about the process of combining the two files (containing the F and the R reads) to obtain a “consensus” sequence for the k-mer dictionary construction and the downstream processes (actually I don’t really know if such a “consensus” sequence is formed or not when you perform the Inchworm algorithm of the assembly).

My main doubt is if the F and the R reads of the 100pd fragment need to be of the same length. I wonder this because the first 9-10 bases of each read have poor per sequence position quality, and if I trim them I don’t know if it’s going to be a disaster (because I don’t know if Trinity align the F and R reads or if it just transforms the R reads to their reverse complementary and obtains the k-mers from the F and the R-transformed reads independently).

I know it’s a bit messy but I will be very grateful if anyone can help me
GillermoPonz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioinformatics, next-gen sequencing, pair end, rna-seq, trinity