SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cufflinks models from gsnap alignments extend beyond the reference bwalts Bioinformatics 0 05-29-2012 02:01 PM
NGS whole genome sequence versus sequence capture for quality control houkto Bioinformatics 0 02-02-2012 04:16 AM
NGS read mapper that would extend the seeding contig. *#1* Bioinformatics 1 10-06-2011 06:26 AM
How do I extend reads? Martiniano Bioinformatics 0 09-15-2011 04:13 AM
In Sequence: Yale Team Uses an Illumina GA to Sequence Yeast Transcriptome; Finds Gre Newsbot! Illumina/Solexa 0 05-06-2008 02:02 PM

Old 08-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
mirex

Default extend sequence

Hello,
I have paired end reads Illumina and I need to complete a sequence of bacteria, i have only 4kbp, I would complete the ends of a bacterial sequence, I have only 4kbp, for that I'm using Novoalign trying to lengthen the ends doing a loop with the previous results, anybody can give me better ideas?
I would also like to know what you mean trim consensus sequences to 4x coverage from pileup file. Sorry, I'm new in this work, how I do this?, delete lines that have a greater coverage to 4?, is there a program for this?
Thanks,
Mirex
mirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #2
krobison

Could you explain in more detail what you do have? Shotgun Illumina data for your entire organism? How was the library prepared? Do you have an estimate of the genome size & what coverage you have.

What is the 4Kbp -- a gene of interest?
krobison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #3
mirex

Hi, thanks a lot for the reply!. The data is FASTQ Illumina 1.3+ paired-end, about entire plant, but 7kbp is an estimated of gene of interest and for now i have only 4kbp.
Thanks
mirex is offline   Reply With Quote