Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STAR: Alignment reported with less matches than parameter --outFilterMatchNmin

Hello,

I am using STAR_2.3.0e.Linux_x86_64 to align only the first 25b of my paired-end reads, with the parameters:
    --outFilterMatchNmin 40

--clip5pNbases 4 (there 4 random pairs before the PCR primer that I want to remove)

--clip3pNbases 71 (in order to only keep the first 25 bases)

--outSAMattributes All

--outFilterMultimapNmax 3

--outFilterMismatchNmax 5

--outFilterMismatchNoverLmax 0.05

--alignIntronMax 1

--alignMatesGapMax 740

I have cases like below where one mate of a pair is multiply mapped but with alignments containing a sum of matches that is less than 40, although I asked for a minimum of 40 matches using the parameter --outFilterMatchNmin.

I don't understand why these alignments are recorded while they have less than 40 perfect matches (required using --outFilterMatchNmin).

Any advice or guidance will be welcomed, thank you!

Best,
    Anne

HISEQ:97:H8U2HADXX:1:1101:3459:2064 355 CXCL3 328 3 4S25M71S = 428 111 AATTATGACAGGGTGGGGAACTGGAGGGTGGGGGGATTGAAATGCAAGCAATTAGTGGATCACTGTTAGGGTAAGGGAATGTATGTACACATCTATTTTT @C@DDFFFHHGGFACHEGIGGIGIHIII?DHIJJD8BDCDDCDDDDCCDDDDDCCDDDCDABDDDDDDDDD9ACCDDBDDDCCCD>B>CCCCDCDEEEED NH:i:2 HI:i:2 AS:i:34 nM:i:0 jM:B:c,-1 jI:B:i,-1

HISEQ:97:H8U2HADXX:1:1101:3459:2064 403 CXCL3 428 3 81S11M8S = 328 -111 TTTGCTTTATAGGTTATTTTATTTTTATTTCTCTAATTCCTGGGTTTTTTTTTTTCTCTTAAAAAAAATATTTTTTATTTTCTTTTTTTTTATTGCCTTT #################################################################################################### NH:i:2 HI:i:2 AS:i:34 nM:i:0 jM:B:c,-1 jI:B:i,-1

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses