No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversion from Complete Genomics Data to SAM/BAM

Hi There !

This thread is intended to questions related to conversion from Complete Genomics Data to SAM/BAM formats.

So here's mine:

I'm trying to get BAM files for some of the individuals sequenced by CG. I want all reads mapped to the reference and not just alignments around variants (evidenceDnbs files) so I downloaded all MAP data associated with the individuals of my interest and I got an structure data like this for each of the individuals:

i.e
    NA06994
    GS06994-1100-36-MAP
    GS19360-FS3-L01
    mapping_GS19360-FS3-L01_001.tsv.bz2
    reads_GS19360-FS3-L01_001.tsv.bz2
    reads_GS19360-FS3-L01_011.tsv.bz2
    mapping_GS19360-FS3-L01_011.tsv.bz2
    GS19360-FS3-L02
    GS19360-FS3-L03
    GS19360-FS3-L04
    GS19360-FS3-L05
    GS20181-FS3-L08

There’s no other way to get a BAM file for a particular location or chromosome (my interest) than going through the entire set of files. I’m currently converting each of the reads and mapping files to BAM files (It’s taking quite a long) using the map2sam command provided by CG here:

My question is: In order to get a full genome BAM file do I need to make first BAM files for all those reads/mapping pairs and them merge them all using samtools? I think the answer is ‘yes you do’ but I’m still a bit confused with this data structure and why there are so many folders and files for every single individual.

Many thanks in advance,
    J. Rodrigo Flores
    [email protected]
    --
    J. Rodrigo Flores
    [email protected]
    Center for Genomic Sciences, UNAM, Mexico

Hi,
    Yes that is correct. If you are interested in a particular region we have a program to do just that which is not part of cgatools. Please email me and I can send it to you.

[email protected]
    Jason Laramie, PhD
    Principal Application Scientist
    Complete Genomics, Inc.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Cheers for the response ! I'm interested just in one chromosome so I'm e-mailing you right now,
      --
      J. Rodrigo Flores
      [email protected]
      Center for Genomic Sciences, UNAM, Mexico

Comment

Jflores,

Please don't repost all over the site again. Thanks!

Eric

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses