Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAPA mRNA-seq kit, would you recommend it?

I'm considering use of KAPA Stranded mRNA-Seq Kits.

If anybody here is using it (or not but still has an opinion) I'd value your thoughts on the quality of library produced and it's ease of use.

Thank you,

Link to the kit https://www.kapabiosystems.com/produ...mrna-seq-kits/

If quantity of RNA is not an issue and the RNA is not from an organism with very high or very low GC genome any commercial mRNAseq kit will be suitable. If you are going to do in house library prep then labour cost also will not be important issue. I just would shop for price as they all come with a user guide.

Comment

Hi necacidhunter,

Thanks for the advice and yes we're considering in house prep as there are a lot to do.

Quantity of total RNA per sample won't be a problem and based on the current draft genome (it's a non-model Drosophila species) I'm calculating a GC of ~39%, which if I recall correctly is similar to D. melanogaster. Would you consider that to be low?

Comment

I consider GC of 25%< or 75%> extreme. Your species should do fine with any kit.

Comment

Awesome!

Thanks nucacidhunter. It's a relief not having to worry about buying the wrong kit.

Comment

Nugen, Kapa, BiooScientific, NEB, Illumina (we have worked with these). Are there any other kits for standard stranded RNA-seq?

Comment

I've got KAPA and NEBnext trail kits on the way, yay! I'll post a comparison after I've used them.

Comment

Dear N311V,

My name is Adriana Geldart and I am a Support & Applications Manager at Kapa Biosystems. I'm happy to hear that you have chosen to evaluate the KAPA Stranded mRNA-Seq Kit and would be happy to provide support along the way.

If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to email [email protected] or call 1-855-KAPA-BIO, option 2.

Best Regards,
                Adriana

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                0 responses